What's new

11 cents in 10 old coins!

cjon455

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
9,231
Reaction score
11,541
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave and I were out on a permission seeking day, 3rd house we tried we got a yes, not too much there even though it was very old, I got 6 wheats, the pocket knife, the square do-dad thing and the hurlitzer tootsie toy, I thought that was pretty cool. We drove for a while only knocking on a few more doors, Dave ended up getting permission for us at a nice older home where a woman was cutting the grass, we only had less then an hour to detect because we had to go when she was done cutting. Anyhow, I managed a 3 more wheats and the surprise of the day :headbang:1865 2 Center!!:headbang: 20150507_153133-1.webp20150507_153151-1.webprang in a solid 10-42 on the etrac at about 4 inches!, I dug into the sidewall and pried upwards and the familiar green disk pops right out of the hole! With a big koolaid smile, I had to run over to dave and show him my find of the day! the owner was done cutting the grass so we left shortly after that, and were granted permission to come back anytime!,20150507_143250.webpwe also scouted a bit more while we were in this nice old town, dave also got us permission for next week at an EARLY 1800s home, guy said "come back next week", I got a good feeling about this town! 20150507_153023-1.webp20150507_162644.webp20150507_162632.webpnotice the top row of clad below the tootsie toy, it was shiny because it was part of a clad spill, got the heart pumping a bit at first when I thought I saw silver!, oh well next time, Thanks for looking and hh!!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
Thanks gary!, they are quite awesome in my opinion!
I'll never forget the time I dug my 1st 3 yrs ago, I was w my son at the cornfield, I had no idea what they were or that they even existed, I've found 1 each of my 1st 3 yrs detecting, I know I'm quite lucky for that!

Thanks!

I have found 5 or 6 in my time and each one is a pleasure. I wouldn't call it just "luck" though. After all, you did a LOT to put yourself in position to find it. The permission, the machine, the discernment of the signal, even the digging without harming it. Luck? No, there's more to it than some sort of lottery.
 
One of my, "searching for"...2c piece. Lucky you!!
 
Something wrong with this, too many of us on here still looking for their first 2 Center and here you find your third one??

Comgrats!! It looks to be in Awesome shape too..
 
Something wrong with this, too many of us on here still looking for their first 2 Center and here you find your third one??

Comgrats!! It looks to be in Awesome shape too..

Thanks, I have been pretty fortunate to get on some pretty good sites
 
Last edited:
Sweet 2 center! Those are always fun to find.
 
Awesome 2 cent! Congrats
 
Very nice two center nice detail...
 
So you got permission from an 87 year old lady to swing in her yard and did what? Kicked back and had a beer while she mowed the yard for ya'll? LOL

LOVE that 2 center. Extremely nice.
 
Great little hunt buddy. That's a great looking 2 center. One of my first good coin finds
 
So you got permission from an 87 year old lady to swing in her yard and did what? Kicked back and had a beer while she mowed the yard for ya'll? LOL

LOVE that 2 center. Extremely nice.

Omg no lol!!! She was 60, and was cutting the other field close to the house we detected, she wanted us to leave once the field was cut, which was 25 minutes of digging time. I think at 1st she wanted to keep her eyes on us, when she was done she thanked dave for asking and invites us back next time we were out her way, very nice woman! Lol at what you thought!!!
 
Great little hunt buddy. That's a great looking 2 center. One of my first good coin finds

Thanks abe!, before I started detecting I had no idea 2 centers even existed!
 
Yup I hear Ya man. I have learned soooooooo much since starting this great hobby and joining Tnet
 
Congrats! Very nice looking 2 cent!

Sounds like you guys will be having a good time hunting.
 
Congrats! Very nice looking 2 cent!

Sounds like you guys will be having a good time hunting.
thanks!, we hope to get back to that property soon! Found it funny that the property owner asks "hey what ya finding" and as I explain she says "yeah I found this big coin about the size of a half dollar that says one cent on back laying in my driveway" so ok a Large cent was just LAYING in the driveway! I said to dave of course I want to go back lol!!!
 
The 2-Cent is a great find, but this old relic got me really excited! :thumbsup:

Any thoughts on what it was from? :icon_scratch:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Whatsit-crop.webp
    Whatsit-crop.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 93
The 2-Cent is a great find, but this old relic got me really excited! :thumbsup:

Any thoughts on what it was from? :icon_scratch:

Dave

Ya know, I'm not sure, I thought maybe a back to a lock??, thanks for the interest, maybe someone will know
 
If you find out, let me know. Reminds me of this one ~
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431215386.863173.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom