What's new

1157 wheats in one bag

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
as many of you know i have been struggling with the halves for a few months so i have been cranking up the ryedale and searching pennies. i went to the bank yesterday and bought 300.00 worth in bags off of the coin counter. i ran them last night and one of the bags contained 1157 wheat pennies. guess someone cashed in grandpa's piggy bank. most wheats i have ever gotten in one bag.
 
Upvote 0
AWESOME!!!! I hit a jackpot like that once too! Any real oldies like 1909 or key dates?
 
no 1909's most are from the 40's and 50's. about 30 from the teens. no key dates found but it sure was fun watching all those wheats fall. not to mention the 100 dollar bag was almost 60% copper. i usually get about 20% copper out of a bag
 
How did you search them? By hand? Great score by the way!!!
 
nice :icon_thumright:. i love wheats but dang you got more in a day then i got my life
 
SC

WTG! Changing up leads to success that's how I started searching dimes.

HH
 
i have a ryedale sorter. i just go through the coppers (pre1983).
 
Might be more then pennies from grandpa's piggybank, did you check the other bags? Awesome score!
 
Wow! :o Congrats, thats more than I expect to get in one year, let alone more than I found in a few years combined :laughing7:
 
silvercop said:
as many of you know i have been struggling with the halves for a few months so i have been cranking up the ryedale and searching pennies. i went to the bank yesterday and bought 300.00 worth in bags off of the coin counter. i ran them last night and one of the bags contained 1157 wheat pennies. guess someone cashed in grandpa's piggy bank. most wheats i have ever gotten in one bag.

That's sweet. Good score.

I have 64 boxes of pennies sitting here. I've been busy, and also doing some nickels lately, but my orders of pennies continue to come in. So the stack is getting bigger and bigger. I really need to hamer out a few hours on the ryedale and knock that pile down.

Been getting about 17% on copper and 6 wheats per box. NOt great on wheats, but the copper is good to save. :-)

Great job on your score. And o the large copper too!
 
Never in my wildest dreams! Wow, now that's a haul.

apush :read2:
 
Congrats! Can you be successful with maybe a few bank rolls of dimes or pennies?
 
WOOOOOO....what a score....best I ever did was one night at work I got 5 dollars worth and then the next night I got $4 worth....might have to start doing this......maybe I can find what some of you guys find..... :hello2:
 
Thats one heck of a harvest SC. Nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom