12-10-11 Field finds

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to the field again today and had a bit of luck. First target I dug today was the silver mystery coin. Not sure what it is. It's the size of a dime, but it's seen much better days. Not sure if it's U.S. currency or possibly old Spanish coinage. I've dug Spanish coins there in the past, along with old U.S. coins. Any suggestions??? :icon_scratch: Second target dug on the day was the barely recognizable Indian penny. 188_ Not sure the last digit. Then also dug a couple lead seals, a couple rivets, lead ball and a lantern key?? Not sure on that little piece. All in all not a bad hunt for 1.5 hours.

There was a farmer pulling soybeans in the large fields fields next to the small lot I hunt. After I was done my short hunt I asked him for permission to hunt his fields and he agreed. Now I have what I can only guess is 200 acres to cover. Should keep me very busy til next spring! ;D

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 12-10-11Group.jpg
    12-10-11Group.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,111
  • 12-10-11silvercoin.jpg
    12-10-11silvercoin.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,206
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the :icon_scratch: that farmer must use a ton of fertilizer per acre , :o hate when that happens :-\ the good news is , somewhere in 200 acres there are better coins still hiding ... nice finds for such a short time :thumbsup: 8)

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done Nate! Can't wait to get into those fields. Should be some nice relics and coins in there.

Wes

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
is there reeding on the edge of the silver coin. If so, it could be a us coin if not it could be a spanish reale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread