1236-X2

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Is this good for caches more than 24 inches deep?(Gonna be looking for "post-hole banks" in ghost towns.Got some other leads I'll be pursuing also.) The common containers used seem to be mason jars, and I guess a pint jar would be well over 2 pounds of silver. That is quite a mass of non-ferrous metal! (ooops! or is it ferrous metal? Get them mixed up.Can you tell I'm a novice, or what?)Also, if I set it to not indicate for steel, whould a steel box with coins be over-looked? ...........so many questions! Thanks! steven.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As good as the 1236 is for coins, it would not have the hair on it to get 24 inches even with a 10 inch coil. (Read "hair" as being strong) If you set it to not pick up steel it will still sound off on the box as the amount of surface metal would overpower the circuits and set her off. To reach these 24 inch depths you may use a Garrett two box or a PI detector. But the PI will sound off on every nail too.

Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread