What's new

1280-x Aquanaut opinions please

detectahead

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
875
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell me what you think is it pulse? good in salt? is it heavy?
 
Upvote 0
The 1280 is a VLF and not Pulse. Being waterproof to 200 foot it is built like a tank and I have hip mounted it. It does not work well at saltwater beaches in the water or wet sand but will in the dry sand. I have been able to run it fairly stable at some waters with reduced sens, but gave up depth. It still is a good detector for freshwater.

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/aquanaut-fishers-1280-x
 
I agree, not good at all for saltwater. I have met people with them and found stuff and they would try to hear it and couldnt, sometimes almost on the surface-in the saltwater. I am sure it would be good for fresh water, but not at all in the saltwater.
 
I've owned a couple, neither one was too good in salt. Not too bad in fresh, just not deep enough for me in either. Where are you planning to hunt mainly?
 
It didn't work well for me on a wet ocean beach.
I use one in freshwater and it finds lots of coins and fishing weights.
I think your Tiger Shark would be better for gold.

R
 
Thanks all for your input
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom