1280-X Control Housing Fastener???

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the control housing from slipping back off the mount (that is without permanently affixing it to the slide)?
I went to change the batteries and the thing slid backwards and nearly off the mount.
I have no idea why they bother making these things detachable for hip mounting.

I would epoxy it down to the mount but I know just by seeing the thickness of the plastic of the mount that is going to crack some day.

Thx for reading and the suggestions.

I have owned three 1280's and a couple CZ-20's and have never had the plastic mount break. I owned these detectors at the same time so they did not get constant hard use. The only time the box was kept on the handle is when I was diving. Many hipmount the control box because it takes most of the weight off the handle and make is lots easier to use while wading or for dry sand use. Mounted on the handle it is also harder to sweep while in the water because of water resistance. If your box slides off to easy you can slide a thin piece of plastic between the two surfaces. Fisher sells the 1280 with a belt mount.

Cut a small piece of plastic out of the flat side of a milk jug and slid it between.
Tight as a drum now.
Had it out over 5 hours in the water on 2 difft. occasions. No probs.

Thx Sandman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back