Silver Searcher
Gold Member
Two weeks into a new season and I just might have found my best ever find
the day started off with a phone call from my detecting partner Michael, he could not make it due to a family illness we were due to go to our usual haunt in North Yorkshire
Any way I decided to go to a farm that is just 14 miles from were I live and were I have had some nice hammered, most of the land was still under crop but a small section of barley and rape seed stubble were detectable
After three hours of scrap lead the odd button and shot gun catridges I moved to a ridge just above the flood plain of the river the area was very quiet , on my second run down I received a sweet two way signal in the cordless phones looking down I immediately recognized what had gave the signal, the colour GOLD with a small blackish stone right in the middle staring straight back at me
It was a Medieval GOLD Stirrup Ring from about the 13th-14th Century in perfect condition. I think the stone might be a small blue or black Saphire.
The Gold wedding band I found last week turned out to be the farmers were we were detecting he had lost it just two weeks after he had been married back in 1991 I am returning the ring to him tommorrow.
TK.
Any way I decided to go to a farm that is just 14 miles from were I live and were I have had some nice hammered, most of the land was still under crop but a small section of barley and rape seed stubble were detectable
After three hours of scrap lead the odd button and shot gun catridges I moved to a ridge just above the flood plain of the river the area was very quiet , on my second run down I received a sweet two way signal in the cordless phones looking down I immediately recognized what had gave the signal, the colour GOLD with a small blackish stone right in the middle staring straight back at me
It was a Medieval GOLD Stirrup Ring from about the 13th-14th Century in perfect condition. I think the stone might be a small blue or black Saphire.
The Gold wedding band I found last week turned out to be the farmers were we were detecting he had lost it just two weeks after he had been married back in 1991 I am returning the ring to him tommorrow.
TK.Attachments
Upvote
12


it's officially been declared Treasure Trove, and also as I stated in the update the Bowes Museum has expressed there interest in acquiring it
and yes they are detectorists who don't declare treasure 
not much to say, that already hasn't been said 

, ( don't read that the wrong way). If I understand things correctly, you will have the ring plus a nice official letter to go with it therefore still a nice little bonus. By the way this is one of the best find I have seen on here.







