What's new

14.850 Wheat Cents

bk

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
1,423
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a pic of all the wheat cents that I have found since 1973. Each one was dug one at a time except for a few multiple finds in the same hole. It's no wonder this old body isn't what it used to be.
 

Attachments

  • Wheat cents 014.webp
    Wheat cents 014.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 987
Upvote 0
:o :o WoW!! thats alot of wheaties :o :o

297 rolls of pennies :o
Thats 148.50 face value!!
And at at least .03 cents a piece thats $445.50 numismatic value at least!!
any key dates in there?
 
Nice bk, lot of wheaties made a Champion. Maybe you get your picture on the box. LOL Do the seated coin picture like we talked about on the phone. ;)
 
Jake,
No key dates, but there are some semi keys like the 1909VDB, and lots of teens and twenties with mint marks.
Sometime I should take sample from one roll and see what's there.
 
Well, me and bk just got off the phone. He says he will during the winter months get more pictures ready.
 
JakePhelps said:
:o? :o WoW!! thats alot of wheaties :o? :o

297 rolls of pennies :o
Thats 148.50 face value!!
And at at least .03 cents a piece thats $445.50 numismatic value at least!!
any key dates in there?


They're worth more than .03 a piece now days Jake,

even Littleton coin co. will pay more than that for common 40s/50s date & mints...

common 1930s & before, they pay premiums (like .06 to .10 ea.)...

You can't buy a bag of wheats for $150 (5000 at .03 each) anymore "anywhere", and haven't been able to in a long time...

But, if by chance you can find/get them for that price, buy as many as you can, and tell me where I can too! ;D
 
the Bass River Coin shop in West Yarmouth, Cape Cod sells them for .03 cents apiece. I have gotten rolls of teens and twenties for just 1.50 :) how much do most places buy them for?
 
You guys are forgetting that these have been dug.
This is not to take away anything from bk and his poor back.
On that note, what is the best wheat penny, in terms of condition, that anyone has ever dug up from dirt? I am talking about corrosion, etc., not wear.
 
Wow! how can i sell coins to littleton? i could make a fortune!
 
WOW!!! That is awesome...
And I thought I had quite a few already,,,lol. I might have 297 wheats, if I'm lucky...
That's a lot of dig'n...
Good luck & Happy hunting~
 
Some come out of the ground in great condition. It all depends on the soil conditions.
 
Hey Leon, I have exactly 297 wheats right now! ;D Oh, and I agree with bigticket. If the wheats have been dug, I doubt Littleton or any other coin business would purchase them. It might depend on how well you clean some of them up, but that's what I think. HH
 
Wow! Now THAT'S a lot of pennies! Are you going to keep them or sell them?
 
Do you have any 1943's in that bunch? - Not the steel ones, but regular? If it won't attract a magnet,you can be holding a penny worth from between $25,000 and $90,000, depending on the condition. Worth a second look by any means.
 
Nope! No 1943 copper cents. All the better dates are in 2X2's. There are many early dates (teens and twenty's) with mint marks in the rolls though.
 
I think I have found 3 steel cents. They are almost unrecognizable.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom