1500 Via 1890 Modern Shipwreck Finds, Help With Names & Years?

R

Richards Sailing

1500 Via 1890 Modern Shipwreck Finds, Help With Names & Years?

I have read hundreds of published books on specific lost shipwrecks between 1800 via 1890. What I have not found is a guide and/or book with Information If They Have Been salvaged up to date 2005?. So my question goes out to the forum in help to find information on ALL!! recovered shipwrecks, to keep me and other salvors from wasting time doing research, only to find the shipwreck has been salvaged. Yes, I have read all of Marx books, Treasure Atlis etc. etc.. Any help would be appreciated?. Please send email if you have attached information?.

Good Hunting,

Richard

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1500 Via 1890 Modern Shipwreck Finds, Help With Names & Years?

Richard, welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find lots of useful information on this shipwreck forum. However, the comprehensive information you are looking for may be difficult to find. (If you do find it, many of us would also like to see it). The rule of thumb I use is that if the wreck has been located and published, odds are that it has been salvaged (not always the case). However, just because it?s been salvaged does not indicate that there is not more salvage yet to be accomplished. Wrecks discovered over thirty years ago are still producing some artifacts, and occasionally some treasure. Even if you found a comprehensive listing of the recovered wrecks, it would be out dated by the end of the current dive season.
What I look for during my research, are wrecks that have yet to be located that may be in the aria that I can get too relatively easily. Since the closest access to the open ocean for my boat is Port Canaveral. I have concentrated (but not limited), my research efforts to points within about a days sailing time from the port. I have been amazed at the number of wrecks just within my relatively limited search zone that are yet to be located. Then I rack and stack these wrecks based on the quality of the historical record, value of the wreck (historical and cash value), and location (can I get a permit). Unfortunately, some of the best wrecks may lie in restricted waters just off of the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, the Kennedy Space Center, and the National Seashore. That would be the warning signs that say ?Use of deadly force authorized?. Those wrecks go in a separate file for the time being.

Happy Hunting

Q

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions