oxbowbarefoot
Banned
Today was by far by far my best detecting yet! I started detecting around 6am and right off the bat I scored 4 Indian cents in a row. Nice way to begin a marathon day of detecting. On my first return pass, I found a Draped Bust cent and a Connecticut Copper within 5 feet of each other. Another 100ft down the pass I spotted my first Indian Axe Head, which made my day! Soon after, Broken Knee arrived for a while. He made a few cool finds and decided to head to a different part of the site. I decided to stay and finish out the area I had been working. Boy am I glad did. My Deus gave me a real solid sweet sound and began to dig. I flipped the plug, grabbed some dirt and ran it over my coil. It was in my hand. I broke open the clump of dirt to see the beautiful color of old silver looking back at me, with the clear as day date of 1652! I couldn't believe it, my second Massachusetts Colonial Silver in less than a week from the same site! At first I thought it was a Pine Tree Shilling, but once I rinsed it with a little water, the Oak Tree emerged. This is by far my best coin I have ever found. I am still in shock. Does anyone know the variety?
Attachments
-
ax1.webp158.1 KB · Views: 803 -
ax2.webp112 KB · Views: 772 -
ax3.webp93.7 KB · Views: 763 -
ax4.webp122.5 KB · Views: 796 -
ax5.webp42.5 KB · Views: 785 -
coppers.webp63.2 KB · Views: 866 -
oaktree1.webp76.2 KB · Views: 856 -
oaktree2.webp69.9 KB · Views: 840 -
oaktree5.webp45.2 KB · Views: 833 -
oaktree7.webp87.4 KB · Views: 942 -
oaktree6.webp101.5 KB · Views: 1,034
Upvote
159

So enjoy every moment of it, and when you're hot, you're hot, so get back out there!







