1694 King William & Queen Mary copper found in a colonial corn field.

Coin Addict

Dec 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD , Fisher F5 , Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RSCN1686.JPG

Upvote 3
Wow....killer find:icon_thumleft:

Got any pictures of the back.:dontknow: and what's the Diameter, quite a rare find it is.

SS

Last edited:
Can you see anything on that coin, looks like toast to me, after sandy I got my first colonial copper 1786, with a shield on one side and looks like yours on the other, I didn't post it because it's toast.

I can see the 1694 on the bottom! Can you get pics of the back and maybe some more of the front. Try taking it on a red or blue background. Sometimes that helps.

Good one. I've dug many George coppers, a few William, but not a W & M... at least one that was identifiable.

All I can see on the front is the back of his hair and a V and faintly the very top of there two heads , its about the same size as a King George but maybe a touch thinner. but its in real bad condition but at least I can see the date so im real happy.

All I can see on the front is the back of his hair and a V and faintly the very top of there two heads , its about the same size as a King George but maybe a touch thinner. but its in real bad condition but at least I can see the date so im real happy.
Well if you got the date be gratefull of that, I have only ever had the one, and that was in very bad shape, the two just visible...but no date.:sadsmiley: Good find for over there, and here.:thumbsup:

SS

Im very glad, I cant hardly see anything but the date is plain as day. im surprised you have only found one since your in the UK . true in the US its definitely a great find , im still shocked about finding it.

Im not sure wat it is but if IP says its good than it has to b real good.. CONGRATS. HH

Sweet find, congrats! What kind of detector is that?

Im not sure wat it is but if IP says its good than it has to b real good.. CONGRATS. HH

You'd be very hard pressed to find another 1694 copper the same size that's not a William & Mary Halfpenny which is why I have no problem accepting the ID.

Sweet ,, you just don't find William and Mary's everyday ,, that's for darn sure rascal :tongue3: nice one Coin Addict

Thank you! its the Fisher F75 LTD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back