What's new

16th/early 17th century shoebuckle

folkert

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
392
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
From a detecting trip to one of my "well searched" sites: a very nice shoe buckle and a 9th/10th century disc brooch.
 

Attachments

  • Schuhschnalle 6 Vs.webp
    Schuhschnalle 6 Vs.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 442
  • Schuhschnalle 6 Rs.webp
    Schuhschnalle 6 Rs.webp
    19 KB · Views: 402
  • Scheibenfibel 1 a.webp
    Scheibenfibel 1 a.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 445
  • Scheibenfibel 1 b.webp
    Scheibenfibel 1 b.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0
Wow what good finds Folkert, I guess it was pretty cold also out there?
 
Hi Woody50, until the early afternoon it was quite pleasant, but then it started to rain:-((((
 
Always a bonus to get a complete one :thumbsup:
 
Nice find, I love finding shoe buckles but we rarely get them any older then the 18th century here.
 
Beautiful finds. :icon_sunny:
 
I have one that's very close. (mid. 18th century) Very nice. :thumbsup:
 
That is beautiful!!! It looks very similar to a silver anchor chape style that I found two years ago (1660-1720). Yours is certainly older than that and I like how crude it is. Great find 8)
 
Nice buckle and brooch, congrats! HH, Mike
 
nice.are there older....german or roman??
 
Nice buckle and brooch :thumbsup: the soils been very kind to both of them :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom