Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,953
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Narthoniel said:Are you sure 1783 is the most logical possability? I am thinking perhaps it is an older pistareen. I dont know if a 1783 portrait could have been circulated that much and lost in ione of those old old sites you hunt.
Anthony
Don in SJ said:Green Check? So what is it? I think it is too small and way too light to be even a worn 2 Reale. My somewhat worn down 1744 Pillar one is 25.9mm in diameter and 5.97 grams.
Seems like all 2 Reales are around 6 grams and 26mm in diameter from what a quick check on ND site reveals.
Don
Narthoniel said:I was thinking about this today and realized I am a dummy. If the date is where it is it cannot be a pistareen, so I apologize for that suggestion. I was just home from a weekend detecting trip and was exhausted. That said, it could possibly be a pillar coin. I will look at the photos a bit closer and see if anything stands out to me.
Anthony



I gotcha, somethings just have to go that wayIron Patch said:Solved. If it wasn't a silver disk before, it is now!![]()
I hate it when it dose though to bad there was not a liitle more detail.But you'll have some more good finds to come that's for sure! Wish I could of helped Patch but not much there to work with!The 25mm & crown looking a little funny looks bigger then the shield if thats what I'm seeing not sure what it is. 
timekiller said:I gotcha, somethings just have to go that wayIron Patch said:Solved. If it wasn't a silver disk before, it is now!![]()
![]()
I hate it when it dose though to bad there was not a liitle more detail.But you'll have some more good finds to come that's for sure! Wish I could of helped Patch but not much there to work with!The 25mm & crown looking a little funny looks bigger then the shield if thats what I'm seeing not sure what it is.
Take Care!![]()