Whydah
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 24, 2010
- Messages
- 1,080
- Reaction score
- 1,917
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- New England
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
1700'S COIN ?
Went hunting this evening, and hit two different sites. Both were very small. Good things come in small packages. First site, Scallywags finds a 10 KT Gold High School Ring. First hole I dug had a what I believe to be a 1715 COIN, I need help Identifying this one. Here are some of the readable letters PUGTON 1715 ? CARBION ? I have no Idea. Seems to have a crown on the back Check pictures and help me out. Its the size of a silver dollar, not sure of the composition? Solid penny / Dime signal at 8 inches deep. I also managed a beautiful Barber Quarter just before leaving tonight. She was lost brand new for sure. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
Ok after much debate with a few others. I think that someone is on the correct path. It seems to be a Portugeese Coin called a ALGARBIORUM, those are a few of the letters, that I can make out on the coin itself. Here are a couple pictures of what it may look like.
Went hunting this evening, and hit two different sites. Both were very small. Good things come in small packages. First site, Scallywags finds a 10 KT Gold High School Ring. First hole I dug had a what I believe to be a 1715 COIN, I need help Identifying this one. Here are some of the readable letters PUGTON 1715 ? CARBION ? I have no Idea. Seems to have a crown on the back Check pictures and help me out. Its the size of a silver dollar, not sure of the composition? Solid penny / Dime signal at 8 inches deep. I also managed a beautiful Barber Quarter just before leaving tonight. She was lost brand new for sure. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
Ok after much debate with a few others. I think that someone is on the correct path. It seems to be a Portugeese Coin called a ALGARBIORUM, those are a few of the letters, that I can make out on the coin itself. Here are a couple pictures of what it may look like.








