PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Old Man... I am glad you liked it...

I no longer live on the Treasure Coast and will miss my 1715 Fleet th'ing activities and regular visits to the museum but have moved on to some new adventures. Thank you to all those who supported me in my th'ing endeavors on the Treasure Coast and best of luck for continued success to all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Old Man... I am glad you liked it...

I no longer live on the Treasure Coast and will miss my 1715 Fleet th'ing activities and regular visits to the museum but have moved on to some new adventures. Thank you to all those who supported me in my th'ing endeavors on the Treasure Coast and best of luck for continued success to all.
Where you living at now?

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to the Keys... Warmer clearer waters to soothe the soul... [emoji41]

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Yes, sometimes it's too easy to get caught up in the search and forget the sacrifices made by those who lost everything in the pursuit!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Moved to the Keys... Warmer clearer waters to soothe the soul... [emoji41]

Yeah but there are some older and newer Treasure Shipwrecks than the 1715 Fleet wrecks in waters off the Keys! Too bad that practically everything, water and land has been designated a Marine Sanctuary. I still know where some Spanish Pieces of Eight can be found from a Shipwreck.

Frank

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red_desert... I have gone back into the law enforcement field and haven't had much time to do any of my artistic, musical or treasure hunting endeavors since I have been down in the Keys.

I do have a new major shipwreck project in the works and should have some more free time to pursue that and my other passions now that I am settled for a bit. Thanks for asking...

I do plan on doing some other larger scale custom shipwreck and salvage dioramas soon. I would like to customize my shipwreck salvage dioramas by taking photos of specific treasure salvage vessels and building models of each boat to use in various shipwreck salvage diorama scenes... Hoping to get commissioned by several other treasure salvors to make custom dioramas for them... We'll see how that goes...

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started in doing some art myself, had put it aside for quite a few years....the painting because was too messy for the house. Now I'm back at it again, only now with sketch mix media in ink, charcoal and pencil (all black & white). Have been getting supplies for color sketch mix media also, but that will be a while until got the black and white under control. Posted a couple pics with easel in Mug Shots recently.

For the time being am stuck in portrait mode, doing what I feel comfortable with, then move on to other stuff. Once I had a membership in the American Portrait Society, was always interesting to get their magazine with articles showing the work they do. Most interesting story during that time, an artist was commissioned to create very large portraits of Congressmen (or Senators don't remember which).

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/mug-shots/483310-how-i-deal-world-leaders.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red... Excellent work! Portraits are tough... Most folks don't realize just how truly difficult it is to capture the true character and expressions of a person or animal in any artistic medium... Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing more... Keep me posted.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, people may not realize this, animals have expressions also. Portraits are a "use it or lose it" situation. I want to do some landscapes and exotic birds, but quite aware of the need to work on a series of one type before moving on. You must decide the portrait has to be right before finished....and same with the next one (and the next). Hope to be done in 2 weeks, I'll post the results. Might be interesting sometime to do a collection of shipwreck treasure hunter portraits.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cook90, any more spam links and your banned.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No one has posted here for almost 2 years. You think it's time to un-stick this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red desert, thread is about the diorama, please stop posting all the music videos.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic work !!
I am trying to do the same with wreck sites like from the atocha but I cant find one single detailed wreck site map of any famous shipwreck....

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New diorama coming to McLarty TreasureMuseum soon... modern salvage display...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New diorama coming to McLarty TreasureMuseum soon... modern salvage display...

Look forward to seeing pictures, I still have the one I bought from you and still looking good.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’ll like this one... it has taken almost a year to make! Almost done...

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You’ll like this one... it has taken almost a year to make! Almost done...
Let me know when the grand unveiling is and I'll meet you at McLarty. Maybe we can do lunch too while we're at it.
Mike

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do... sounds great! It will probably be close to the end of February...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread