What's new

1719 Mezzo Bolognino Coin

quick-silver

Full Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY
I recently purchase this coin out of a dealers "junk" foreign bin for $5. I have looked everywhere online and I have only been able to find that it was made for Pope Clemente XI. Any info on this coin would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 1719 Mezzo Bolognino.webp
    1719 Mezzo Bolognino.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 1719 REVERSE.webp
    1719 REVERSE.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I found this today, in the scrap Bucket :laughing7: is worth anything :laughing9:

SS
 

Attachments

  • coenwulf_anglo_saxon_gold_coin.webp
    coenwulf_anglo_saxon_gold_coin.webp
    33 KB · Views: 967
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I found this today, in the scrap Bucket :laughing7: is worth anything :laughing9:

SS

i think I reconsize that scratch :icon_scratch: :D
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I found this today, in the scrap Bucket :laughing7: is worth anything :laughing9:

SS

i think I reconsize that scratch :icon_scratch: :D
It's were my spade caught it :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My sincerest apologies, i forgot to mention this coin was not the one i found. i do not have a scanner nor a camera to post mine. Mine it not in this good of condition, looks almost a little charred, and more off-center. I only posted the photo of the coin to give you the general appearance. I am terribly sorry for the mistake, and will remove the post if requested. Just wanted some feedback as to the background of the coin. Sorry again. :(
 
Upvote 0
And in my defense, before anyone makes accusations, why would i pick a coin i had never heard of before and pretend to have found it? It was an honest mistake and i apologize but lets relax a little bit. Were human we all make mistakes, sorry...
 
Upvote 0
quick-silver said:
My sincerest apologies, i forgot to mention this coin was not the one i found. i do not have a scanner nor a camera to post mine. Mine it not in this good of condition, looks almost a little charred, and more off-center. I only posted the photo of the coin to give you the general appearance. I am terribly sorry for the mistake, and will remove the post if requested. Just wanted some feedback as to the background of the coin. Sorry again. :(

No worries, we are pretty sharp here, you were probably best posting this explaination at the start. Don't worry about our light hearted joking, no offence meant :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
so your scrap box find was not the "exact" one shown -- by rather one that is like the one shown , however your is a much worse for wear one -- one should be clear about that "upfront" because folks might think your saying you found that one in the photo for $5 -- I often find "interesting" coins in my local coin dealers --"junk boxes" -- 12 for $1 and little better junk 3 for $1 -- I have found several odd small silvers (mostly arabic) and a few other odd or rare coins -- like a 1916 british made "jamacian" nickle big penny --one of only 24,000 made --pity there was no "collector demand" for such a rare coin -- so I gave it to a freind of mine that likes "rare coins" no matter what their fiscal value is.
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
SS: coenwulf_anglo_saxon_gold_coin.jpg (46.73 KB, 299x300)
Yes I know, that wasn't the reason I posted, it was just a tongue in cheek comment :P :laughing9:

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom