Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Out for a very quick hunt last night after supper.

Almost didn,t go...Grabbed teh CZ-21 and Cousin Ed and hit the shore in a spot hadn,t been to in over a month.

Figured would be a bust as there wasn,t anything there last 2 times out to that spot and was giving rain --so short hunt.

But I was totally wrong !!!

The whole beach had completely changed..the sand had shifted all over the place.

Ed found this button...poor picture as was getting dark and used the truck interior light to gte a pic.

Any ideas on the button ???

2014-04-15 20.28.20.jpg 2014-04-15 20.28.35.jpg 2014-04-16 06.58.16.jpg 2014-04-16 06.59.37.jpg 2014-04-16 07.03.48.jpg 2014-04-16 07.05.16.jpg 2014-04-16 07.06.02.jpg 2014-04-16 07.06.23.jpg 2014-04-16 07.06.50.jpg

2014-04-16 16.02.27.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember I,m still a newb....how do I do it exactly ?

For materials all you need is a small plastic container, an old cell phone charger (or something comparable), an old stainless steel spoon, a couple of small alligator clips, and a little baking soda. Cut the end off the charger cord and separate the 2 wires. Cut about a 1/2" of insulation off the end of each wire exposing the copper. Securely attach the alligator clips to each wire. The negative lead must be attached to the coin, and the positive one to the spoon. Mix water and a couple spoonfuls of baking soda in the plastic container. Place the coin on one side and the spoon on the other. I use clothes pins to hold them in place as you don't want the 2 to touch and short out. When you plug in the charger the coin will start fizzing, but it might start out on the slow side. Sometimes the spoon will fizz a bit, but not nearly as much as the coin. Please make sure you have the positive and negative sides hooked up correctly or you can irreversibly damage the coin. You can use a multi-meter to check that. You might want to practice first on another worthless silver coin to make sure you have it hooked up right. Then let it run for a minute or 2, unplug the charger, and remove the coin. Rub it between your thumb and forefinger and see it the black tarnish starts coming off. If so you're probably done. If not, repeat until you get the desired result. But do not over clean as that can also ruin the coin. To do larger items you basically use the same setup and procedure on a larger scale, and for a much longer time. But you'll need to use something like an auto battery charger as well as a much larger piece of stainless steel or other appropriate material to serve as the sacrificial anode. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For materials all you need is a small plastic container, an old cell phone charger (or something comparable), an old stainless steel spoon, a couple of small alligator clips, and a little baking soda. Cut the end off the charger cord and separate the 2 wires. Cut about a 1/2" of insulation off the end of each wire exposing the copper. Securely attach the alligator clips to each wire. The negative lead must be attached to the coin, and the positive one to the spoon. Mix water and a couple spoonfuls of baking soda in the plastic container. Place the coin on one side and the spoon on the other. I use clothes pins to hold them in place as you don't want the 2 to touch and short out. When you plug in the charger the coin will start fizzing, but it might start out on the slow side. Sometimes the spoon will fizz a bit, but not nearly as much as the coin. Please make sure you have the positive and negative sides hooked up correctly or you can irreversibly damage the coin. You can use a multi-meter to check that. You might want to practice first on another worthless silver coin to make sure you have it hooked up right. Then let it run for a minute or 2, unplug the charger, and remove the coin. Rub it between your thumb and forefinger and see it the black tarnish starts coming off. If so you're probably done. If not, repeat until you get the desired result. But do not over clean as that can also ruin the coin. To do larger items you basically use the same setup and procedure on a larger scale, and for a much longer time. But you'll need to use something like an auto battery charger as well as a much larger piece of stainless steel or other appropriate material to serve as the sacrificial anode. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

tyvm Bill

Muchly appreciated....will see if I can set it up properly.

Looks to be pretty straight forward as you have laid out .....I hunt a lot around saltwater and am sure this will come in handy for sure.!

tormes

Mar 1, 2015
Salamanca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, Whites Spectrum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice 2 reales, it is from Seville mint (S) so it has different weight and silver contents than american mints in that years. I attach this table with weights, size and silver contents during Philip V reign.

In red square "Moneda Provincial" (those minted in Spain), then this one must be 6,13 gr. 26 mm and .833 silver rich.

felipevpist.jpg

t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread