Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got my good finds from today cleaned up. It was a pretty good day.scrappy and treblehunters finds got me fired up to hunt so I went to my pillar dollar spot to give it a go. The spot was covered with 3 feet of sea weed most of the summer, but its clean as a whistle right now. King tides , supermoon, and northeast winds have made a big difference. I got 2 buckles , a skeloton key, and ill be honest im not so sure what the other pieces are but one is silver. photo-209.JPG
photo-212.JPG
photo-211.JPG
photo-210.JPG
There appears to be the faintest image of a crown on oneside of the key. I have found 4 other pieces that match 2 of the other 3 doodads. But none that were silver. The other that looks like a cross is a first. keep in mind that I have found 7 cobs and a pillar dollar in the same spot. Not to mention a bunch of other similar artifacts. I guess I should post the whole collection in one shot.

Upvote 25

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What are those items that look like door bell buttons?

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is not to luv about your old ship wreck finds .
A stunning array of incredible artifacts ,
many more Blak .

daWg

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was about to ask for the rest of the collection when I saw someone else had beat me to it. These are some fascinating finds! Over course, I love the cobs and real, but you have some very ornate buckles and other relics that are real attention getters. The round, bell-looking items are very curious and I would love to know more about them. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What are those items that look like door bell buttons?

Your guess is as good mine. One suggestion is that they are decorative bit bosses. They would have been on either side of the bit of a horse bridle. The bit is the piece that goes in the horses mouth to control him. Once I looked at 18th century horse bridals I could see some examples that looked similar. If they are they are quite ornate and would have been shipped back from the new world for someone of nobility. 2 of them are decorated in the baroque style, wich would fit the time period. A couple show what appears to be the remmanents of silver plating. Another idea is that they are the remains of baggage or luggage that had wased off the wrecks and was described in survivors accounts as being strewn all over the beach up and down the whole area here. This would account for the finding of a marevidi as this would have been change and would not have been shipped back to spain in bulk. More than likely pocket change or in someones baggage, as with the half reales. Who knows? Its a mystery? Im open to all ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread