What's new

1739 King George II Farthing!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Found my second King George II Farthing today. Deer tics are out in force also. Boy are they tiny.
HH ;D
Is the small button old?
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 589
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 596
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 601
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 598
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 578
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 571
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 589
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

Nice farthing! It's a George II though. George I was long gone by 1739.
 
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

funny how the farthings are so much rarer than the halfpennies.
lots of ticks here in my neck on ny, too.
 
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

Garabaldi said:
Is the small button old?

I would also like to know the answer for I found the exact same button a month or two ago.
 
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

Steve in PA said:
Nice farthing! It's a George II though. George I was long gone by 1739.
I only see one to the right of his head, so I thought it was the 1st. So these two coins are the same except the date?
g
 

Attachments

  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 591
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

Different portrait but both geroge II, George I faces right.
 
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

You are on a roll G. :hello2:
Great finds.
Ticks still? :o
-MM-
 
Re: 1739 King George I Farthing!

Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Different portrait but both geroge II, George I faces right.
Thanks. :wink:
ModernMiner said:
You are on a roll G. :hello2:
Great finds.
Ticks still? :o
-MM-
I picked about 20 ticks off me throughout the day today. Its crazy. Deer tick.
 
Garibaldi, Nice coin,and, oxball!! God Bless HH Chris
 
nice early Geo II... at least you got some dates of them... most of mine are toasty looking...
 
Yeah, Sorry, forgot to mention good find when you can read the date on those early coppers. Like Patriot said many toasted, or worn out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom