What's new

1753 KGii, Complete Shoe Buckle, Mystery Pewter Piece, Beautiful Buckle Frag

Ahab8

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
8,293
Golden Thread
2
Location
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a couple other cabin sites today. The finds came hard from these sites but added up to a great day. I have no explanation as to why I find all of these shoe buckles. This has to be over 20. I'm guessing it's the rough areas I hunt. Lots of steep banks by rivers and remote areas. Found a fragment that I so wish was a complete frame. The pewter piece is likely from a piece of furniture? The 1753 KGii is not from the same site as the other coins but has that same nice patina. I'm beat and laying down to watch some basketball
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 66
Loving the condition of your coppers, they might rival the South Carolina sugar sand brass. Shoe buckles are very nice as well, you have had a banner couple of weeks.

Been my best stretch ever for sure. Hope this can continue for another 8 months or so 8-)
 
Love the condition of your finds lately Abe. The KG and the shoe buckle are in excellent dug relic condition.

Thanks Steve. If only every site could be this kind
 
I may never find another site that's so friendly to the coppers. I used to see people post those beautiful green coppers and think I would never find one. The right sandy soil conditions and the lack of acidic trees. Not an easy thing to find by any means. The strange thing is that most of my nicer coins have come from very close to the ocean. Don't know man. Here's a really bad pic of the shoe buckles all together
View attachment 1288436

Oh you had to do it. Displaying all those buckles like that.....Now I need to clean up my floor.
 
Herr Schuhmacher strikes again! Gotta say, that buckle fragment is one of the prettiest things I've seen on this site.

Fantastic consecutive hunts, Abe.

Thanks Ken. Glad you and the other critics enjoyed the article 8-)
 
Oh you had to do it. Displaying all those buckles like that.....Now I need to clean up my floor.

Pretty sad that I'm a woodworker and I'm too lazy to make a display. Wish that was a pile of Mass silvers or Rev War buttons or Draped bust silvers or Chain cents or rattlesnake buttons or ....well you get the idea. I have a lot left on my list pal
 
You are killing it Ahab!! That early buckle and copper are so nice man. wtg!
 
That is the nicest kg I have seen, great coin. Love the shoe buckles.
 
That's a great buckle and that coin is very nice...great patina and detail!
 
Nice finds!! Those coppers you keep pulling are amazing! Great spot you've got! HH
 
Pretty stuff, keep digging buddy!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom