kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all ! I got out with a buddy today to a spot that we found some old colonial coppers and a fugio cent awhile back.We had been waiting for the end of deer season as the farmer didn't want us to search until it was over.We got there about 10 this morning,the day was sunny and in the 40's,awesome for this time of the year.This spot is in a cornfield and was freshly paved in cowpie's ! :P I found several buttons and musket balls and Dan found 2 old coppers some buttons and 2 nice Indian arrowheads.About 2 0clock Dan got a call from his wife and we were going to leave,but i begged and pleaded till they felt sorry for me and let me stay :-* ,good thing as about 10 minutes later i dug up a 1772 half real.Earlier this year i found a 1778 and that was my oldest silver yet.We will be going back soon ! HH Y'all !

Attachments

• Mvc-011s.jpg
    Mvc-011s.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 728
Upvote 0
congrats on the spanish silver! looks like you broke your all time oldest record! ;)

Nice Going! Spanish Silver is always nice to find................

Those kind of coins are just laying all over the place in Kansas. You can't dig without hitting one. LOL What a nice find. Congrats.
Burdie

Thank's all,I just realized though that the one i found earlier this year was a 1788,so dident break my record but there's always tomorrow ! ;)

Burdie said:
Those kind of coins are just laying all over the place in Kansas. You can't dig without hitting one. LOL What a nice find. Congrats.
Burdie
I know what you mean Burdie..Thats the way it is here also...They are as numerous as pulltabs...Same way with those dang large cents ...always getting in my way of serious horse shoe digging... :)

But if you are happy over your find kieser...then we all are happy for you! ;)
WAY TO GO AND HOPE YOU FIND MANY MORE!

Great find kieser, I'm with Burdie and Gypsy, Its not as good as the couple hundred shotgun brass I dug this week but hay, if it makes you happy thats all that counts.

kieser sousa said:
Thank's all,I just realized though that the one i found earlier this year was a 1788,so dident break my record but there's always tomorrow ! ;)
oops brain fart ! lol guess i cant count,72 comes before 88 !

Great coin! One of those is on my wish lest to find!!

Heck it is cool enough to find stuff pre-1900. But to find stuff that is pre-1800 is even better!
;D

Hey Kieser..........That there reale is a nice keeper ....... :o ........I know the feeling!! Since I am also from NY , Colonial coppers, large cents and old silver pieces pop up from time to time.....!!! Congrats on your new oldest find............ WTG :) :) :)

The Seeker said:
Hey Kieser..........That there reale is a nice keeper ....... :o ........I know the feeling!! Since I am also from NY , Colonial coppers, large cents and old silver pieces pop up from time to time.....!!! Congrats on your new oldest find............ WTG :) :) :)
Hey seeker,Thanks ! I've read some of your post and i see you have found some nice stuff also.I've been detecting for about 35 years off and on and just now am starting to realise the potential for colonial finds here in NY.I used to hunt civil war relics in VA,but when ya get into the 1700's now thats treasure hunting !I hunt mostly in chenango/otsego/delaware county's so if your ever over this way.......

Nice finds, you really have some great places to hunt for those old goodies. I have only found one real and it was from Mexico. I found it here in Ohio.

Thanks for posting your story and pictures.

HH< Ringfinder

Nice find! I plan on finding my second piece of Spanish silver very soon! I recently obtained permission to hunt several acres which were once homesteads. This is very close to where I found an 8 reale last month...finger crossed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back