What's new

1780 10 shillings and four spanish milled dollars (FAKE)

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
I got a couple old bills here,
one 10 shillings
the other,
four spanish milled dollars?
Are these real and if so how much would they be worth? Came from an old estate
 

Attachments

  • 1111.webp
    1111.webp
    153.3 KB · Views: 2,386
  • 22222.webp
    22222.webp
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 3333.webp
    3333.webp
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 4444.webp
    4444.webp
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,142
Re: 1780 10 shillings and four spanish milled dollars real or not or value please

My first reaction is that they are copies because I used to own a set of these back in the 70's. As far as I can remember the paper was stiff, crinkly and dyed with tea to look old.

I googled this to compare and it appears the signatures should be of a different color ink. http://newbern.cpclib.org/digital/TP1987037001.html http://newbern.cpclib.org/digital/TP1987037001.html

So my guess is copy but just a gut reaction because they look like mine.. BTW I thought they were cool.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1780 10 shillings and four spanish milled dollars real or not or value please

I did a little searching and found the same serial number. Sorry Trader. They may still have some value as a pre hobby protection act item. A 60's-70's replica copy perhaps. :dontknow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freeparking/3237671792/

currency ten shillings.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1780 10 shillings and four spanish milled dollars real or not or value please

Also your corners are too sharp. They remind me of a Declaration of Independance that I possess.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: 1780 10 shillings and four spanish milled dollars real or not or value please

thanks bch i'll mark this as solved. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1780 10 shillings and four spanish milled dollars real or not or value please

traderoftreasure said:
thanks bch i'll mark this as solved. :icon_thumleft:
UW trader.

Am I the only person that had these when I was a kid? Am I the only kid that played with stamps, coins and replica currency? :D
 
Upvote 0
Nobody? ....Of course I played baseball, football, and hiked in the woods but I collected everything. Rocks, stamps, coins, bugs, you name it, I had a collection. I didnt realize I was so unusual. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom