What's new

1785 Reale, my best "single" find

xXx

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
580
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Location
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
1785 Reale, my best "single" find

While hunting a new site in NC with a new hunting partner I uncovered the single best find of my career, 1785 Spanish Reale in A1 Shape, like it was a brand new coin. Excluding the 1,084 Silver Dime Cache I recovered, this is the best find I've made.
The whole story is under "Todays Finds".
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,284303.0.html
 

Attachments

  • 1785 Spanish Coin 3 11-19-09.webp
    1785 Spanish Coin 3 11-19-09.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 914
  • 1785 Spanish Coin 4 11-19-09.webp
    1785 Spanish Coin 4 11-19-09.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 903
  • 1785 Spanish Coin 3 11-19-09.webp
    1785 Spanish Coin 3 11-19-09.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 895
  • 1785 Spanish Coin 4 11-19-09.webp
    1785 Spanish Coin 4 11-19-09.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 911
Upvote 0
Re: 1785 Reale, my best "single" find

Its a nice coin & one I still want to find in any condition, but yours is far from 'brand new' :icon_scratch: Lots of wear on the head particularly.
 
Re: 1785 Reale, my best "single" find

I really wish my new camera would get a closer shot. This one is fuzzy and it does make it look much more worn than it is. I need to get another camera. You can actually feel the edges on each of the curves. This is by far the best condition I've seen one in.
xXx
 
Re: 1785 Reale, my best "single" find

xXx

Congrat. for your cache! :icon_thumright:

I regret when you invited me to hunt but I was't able for the recesion. :-\

Arch.
 
Re: 1785 Reale, my best "single" find

My MD'ing dream is to find an old gold coin! WTG! TTC
 
Re: 1785 Reale, my best "single" find

Beautiful Reale, congrats :thumbsup:

Seems everyone is digging Reales these days.....someday :tongue3:
 
Re: 1785 Reale, my best "single" find

I'll never get tired of pulling those beauties out of the ground... congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom