1786 Half Real, Shoe Buckle, Buttons, Round Balls

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a few hours this morning to sneak out before I had to come home and clean up the yard. Things started extremely slow and I was just having one of those days where you can't seem to get a nice solid signal. You know one of those days when you start thinking your machine is having issues. Well sometimes you're just not getting over a good target. I was about to leave with my tail between my legs when I got a nice low 80s hit and pulled out a shoe buckle. The guts were in the hole but it wasn't attached....I'll take it 8-). This style is a bit different than others I've found. That find got me re energized a bit and I hit a button soon after then another. One looks like silver. It may be plated and I don't have the coast slime disease completely cleaned off yet but we shall see. I started heading away from the river and got a nice solid 80 hit about 5" down. Pretty shallow for this dirt and I was shocked to see a small Spanish silver coin peeking out. It turned out to be a Carolus III 1/2 Real. I will NEVER get tired of seeing these come out of the dirt. I just love the designs on these coins. A couple of roundballs are from last weekend and one of the buttons has a backmark that is new to me. It says WILL M CLEAVER LONDON. Hopefully somebody knows something about it. I also discovered a large iron patch today and in a couple holes found some dish ware frags. Might have to dig and sift this spot. Anyway I hope everyone is getting some sun and I'm hoping to get to some of the exciting new spots I've got lined up soon. Be well Tnetters
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is a new buckle style for me as well. What was this used for?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 33
You're off to a flying start with real nice finds! The buckles are awesome, love the silver too! Congrats!

You go right from "snowbound and going no where" to "I can find 'em anywhere with just my feet!" Lol!
Do you actually use the detector or you just carry it around so the rest of us won't get suspicious that you have a special talent for finding awesome relics and coins? Well done!

Now that was a good little hunt there!!!
The whole shoe buckle still eludes me..
The reale is nice but, that sling buckle definitely is the find of the day. I would definitely display that with the musket balls you found at that site.
This pic should help..

He needs a real one, not that little imitation one. ;)

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 82
He needs a real one, not that little imitation one. ;)

Sorry, all i find are fake things or reenactment stuff!!!
One day, ohhh one of these day..

You're off to a flying start with real nice finds! The buckles are awesome, love the silver too! Congrats!

You go right from "snowbound and going no where" to "I can find 'em anywhere with just my feet!" Lol!
Do you actually use the detector or you just carry it around so the rest of us won't get suspicious that you have a special talent for finding awesome relics and coins? Well done!

Lol Ms Beep. Not with my feet but I will say that the research is responsible for 80% of the work. All I gotta do is go dig the signals. That's tge easy part

WTF.... Again.. Ahab? I hate you all out in the areas with history! Kidding, nice find man! Ok I will walk away jealous now.

I always thought it would be cool if tnet had more of a local banner find to your area. I mean come on that's all about your area, what about the rest of us in context. Ahab, killer find. I will tune in next time.

Great finds man! Love the buckles, silver:thumbsup: I agree research is everything. Had a nice crappy winter for that. I have a bunch of spots to look at dated 1765-1796 that i hope to find. Great job:headbang:

Great finds man! Love the buckles, silver:thumbsup: I agree research is everything. Had a nice crappy winter for that. I have a bunch of spots to look at dated 1765-1796 that i hope to find. Great job:headbang:

That's a great date range for some amazing buttons and rare coins

All i can say is Nice.Looks like you found a good place to play with.I wonder what else is laying around there.Nice finds man!

For a slow start you sure wound up with some great finds. Nice job on the silver, and getting those killer buckles out of the ground intact!

Nice group of relics! Look to me like you have a camp site there. Maybe a picket post at the bridge.

Steve

Nice group of relics! Look to me like you have a camp site there. Maybe a picket post at the bridge.

Steve

I really hope you're right my friend. I plan to find out soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back