What's new

1788 2.5 reales

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
As KylePA would probably put it, I put on my colonial thinking cap today. :laughing9: I ventured back to the site that produced the bent 1789 one reale after work. That coin had come from a soybean field adjacent to this real old house on the property. Nowthis house was built in the 1780's and the owner had told me before I couldn't go in the yard on previous attempts. So today, I met the owner's son and he said 'sure go ahead, dad won't mind' ??? I told him dad had already turned me down so he went and asked. I had one hour of daylight and these are the finds. Before I go, I will say this.. It is one thing to dig these type of coins in a field but is very surreal digging them right next to a house that was built in the same decade. (these coins were about 30 feet apart) Hopefully I'll have a similar post this weekend :thumbsup: Enjoy! HH Jeff
...................................
NEW PICS BELOW (6th and 7th down) ;D

UPDATE... just got off the phone with my diggin buddy, the 1/2 reale appears to be a Lima, Peru mintmark (M overlapping an E) definately not a mexico mint like the 2 reale .. any of the spanish experts out there feel free to pitch in ur 2 cents.. always willing to learn something new



1788 1/2 reale & 1788 2 reale uncleaned

uncleaned.webp

cleaned front

1788 2 1:2 reales.webp

and cleaned back

1788 2 1:2 back .webp

buttons (love the big tombac :headbang: )

buttons.webp

couple odd lead bullets, a musketball, and a buckle piece

misc.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1788 2.5 front .webp
    1788 2.5 front .webp
    23 KB · Views: 3,791
  • 1788 2.5.webp
    1788 2.5.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 3,737
Upvote 0
{Sentinel} said:
LoL.....Ask Kirk or Kyle or Chris about John Walters :wink:

Ok, KKC, who is he ???

wyattrr said:
Whoa Nelly!! :thumbsup: I think my heart just skipped a beat! ;D :headbang: Rock On!! Congrats

thanks wyattrr, mine about jumped outa my chest yesterday :laughing9:
 
Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
:hello2: wtg Jeff,fantastic finds there :thumbsup:
Hope ya get a return trip back there too ;D

Return trip is a done deal. Talked to the owner before I left... I'm gonna give 'er hell :thumbsup:
 
John Walter-That wouldn't be the Viking like, colonial-or-nothing-dude would it?

By the way,very nice reales :thumbsup:. I can't seem get over one of those 2's :(
 
That's the way to start 2010! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: I was hoping for a coin to get me started but it will come in time.Lot of year to go :laughing9: Keep popping them old spanish :thumbsup: Hope you get over you arm deal quick! :hello:
 
Those are some old coins. Congrats !
 
wto on the 2,1 reale go back dig and dig love them colonial coins :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

artzstuff1 said:
Thats real nice there!!

great find for sure


arthur

Thanks art, happy 2010 ;D
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

they are awesome Jeff!!!
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

That's a nice hunt! I can feel the rush you must of had diggin' next to that old place. Pretty sweet.
I hope there is no problem for a return hunt. I'd go nuts if he said no again after that taste you just had.
Looking forward to more of your posts.
Dave.
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

Looks like a perfect way to start 2010! Congrats on those wonderful relics! :hello2: :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

That's the way to do it...go big or go home!
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

Congrats on the great finds and making the banner. :thumbsup: Pretty exciting starting a new site with finds like that, makes you wonder what else is waiting there. Good luck with it. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

Congrats on your banner finds!
 
Re: 1788 2.5 reales (New Pics added)

Those are 2 great coins ! nice find :thumbsup: Congrats on the Banner HH in 2010 Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom