What's new

1793 Chain Cent

Kurt Franz THB

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
245
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, AT Gold, AT Pro, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year everyone! We were detecting at my buddies house that was built in 1851. It was a pretty slow day until I dug a wiped copper along the driveway. Working the same area I got a perfect coin signal. I thought it was going to be Silver. It was that perfect of a signal. Out pops the fattest copper coin I've ever seen. I gave it a quick toothpick and FREAKED when I saw a chain looking back at me. The verdigris is pretty bad on her, but she's identifiable. I'll I've done is some very light toothpicking to remove dirt. I'm not doing anything else to her. I am open to the idea of professional cleaning, but even that scares me. I love her the way she is for now. We all have some sort of Bucket List of thing we want to find. I also have a fantasy bucket list for a few items I never actually expect to find. Well... I dug one off my fantasy list. 1793 Flowing Hair Chain Cent!!

Other notables this day at a different location. Bill dug a worn Liberty Cap Large Cent (1793-1796) and a thin 22k Colonial Gold Ring.

IMG-4825.webp
IMG-4824.webp
20171207_101227.webp
1793-chain-cent.webp
20171207_111309.webp
20171207_111235.webp
20171207_184250.webp
20171207_184558.webp

I actually Live Dug the Chain Cent. If anyone wants to see it come out of the ground, here's the video:
 
Upvote 138
You know you have to get a Banner for this Coin.
Congratulations and well deserved.
 
Kurt, leave some in the dirt for us to find! Hahaha... Well done buddy!!! Big fan of the show now go EAT YOUR LUNCH!
 
congrats on the finds!
 
How has this post not made the banner yet?? Congrats once again for such an amazing coin find! I think I might need to get out of Indiana and head to some older ground. MD maybe ;). We don't find a lot of coppers around here!
 
That is just incredible, congratulations :occasion14:
 
Kurt I watched that video and I was shaking when you were cleaning her up. Awesome find .. reserving history one scoop at a time .. nice job thanks for all you guys do and your awesome videos ..
 
How has this post not made the banner yet??

My thoughts exactly. What's a guy have to find? Getting a spot at the top is like a dog show. The judges like what they like. :tongue3:
 
Trivial perhaps but I think it was because there was already a Chain Cent on the banner at the time he found it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom