What's new

1793 Liberty Cap

Bartman

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
403
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
I know it's toast, but I can clearly make out the 3. The 3 is right in the bottom middle. I thought it was too far over, but the location matches up with the redbook pics that I've seen. The angles on the 3 are also pretty distinct. First coin that I dug all day. It was a loud 89 on the t2. Reverse has less detail.



 
Upvote 12
Rule of thumb, do not every totally trusted a corroded date, eyes and corrosion play tricks. Sure looks way too thin to be a 1793, no room on that edge for edge lettering. So not even a 1794, could be 1795 or a 1796. Not thick, no edge lettering, then not a 93. (or 94 and not some of the 95s)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom