What's new

1797 Draped Bust LC

deepsecrets

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
773
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
1
Location
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in a little time this evening and pulled the 7th LC from the summer kitchen site - 1797 Draped Bust LC - worn but date visible. Oldest US coin I've found to date.
 

Attachments

  • 1797 LC.webp
    1797 LC.webp
    237.9 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 18
Great find!
Man you having been killing th LCs.
 
Think maybe there was a jar of coins buried there? Just an unbeliveable amount of relics have come out of there so far and I've been over it a dozen times - still manage to find items.
 
Congrats on pulling your oldest U.S. coin. Its nice just to get a clear date on those early coppers.
 
Awesome !! Great find!! Enjoy !!
 
Beaut DB! my earliest DB is a 1801. Haven't found anything earlier. Found a 1794 capped, but 1700's Draped busts elude me.

Congrats!!!!
 
Very nice bud. I've found 3 97s and can't wait to get that first Lib Cap....or chain cent 8-). Hope there's one waiting for you there
 
nothing like pulling a LC out of the dirt, especially when theyre dateable draped bust!, great find!
 
Very nice bud. I've found 3 97s and can't wait to get that first Lib Cap....or chain cent 8-). Hope there's one waiting for you there

One mothers day I took my mom metal detecting, she has only been metal detecting a couple times, by the end of the hunt she ended up finding a 1795 Liberty Cap.

I still need to find one though... :) Good luck on getting that Lib Cap of Chain cent :thumbsup:
 
Old Coppas are the best
 
Draped busts always bring a smile to ones face no matter the condition. :). Hope you find a few more on your return trips.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom