What's new

1797 penny

jbrown

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
137
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
burlington new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelad excal whites spectrum whitexlt
I was hunting in atlantic city a week after sandy and found this coin in the wet sand.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3544.webp
    IMG_3544.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0
Ok I hate to admit that I don't recognize this coin
? Can you tell me?
thanks
 
It's a British cartwheel penny....the 1 penny weighed an ounce and the 2 penny weighed 2 ounces....they were big suckers...lol.....only issued for a year or two if memory serves me correctly.

Regards + HH

Bill

Ok I hate to admit that I don't recognize this coin
? Can you tell me?
thanks
 
CONGRATS !!

I hunt there all the time and DANG, how did I miss that baby..

Very cool find :)
 
A pic of the reverse? VERY nice find!
 
Congrats on a great find, that coin is in better shape than some large cents we pull out of the dirt.
 
Congratulations on an excellent find!!!!!
 
Lucky you... We can't even get near the beaches further north. By the time they allow anyone on the beaches they will have already replaced tons and tons of sand.:crybaby2:
 
They are not even too easy to find in England!! I was fortunate enough to find one there but yours has much better detail!congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom