What's new

17TH CENTURY BUCKLE, PEWTER CUFFLINKS, CIVIL WAR BULLETS AND OTHER JUNK

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
1,405
Golden Thread
2
Location
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a site that has always been on my radar but it's in the woods and was hit by a tornado a few years back and I thought that trees would be laying everywhere but I was surprised that it wasn't that bad. There is a very small iron patch that is half on level ground and half on a steep hillside so that's where I concentrated my efforts but I must admit that detecting in the woods isn't really my forte especially if it's on a steep hillside.

My first good target was a 17th century buckle immediately followed by a pair of cufflinks that I think are pewter but I'm not quite sure. Whatever the alloy, they're very brittle. I didn't find much after that other than some leather tacks and adornments. I'm sure there is more there so I'll keep it on my list of fallback sites.

The field where I parked my car was a Union cavalry camp so before I headed home I detected a small section of the field close to my care and pulled out a handful of cavalry bullets. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Here's an updated picture of the semi cleaned cufflinks. Can anyone identify what they represent? There are two fleur de lis, a crown and a globus cruciger.

5.webp 6.webp 7.webp 4.webp

3.webp 1.webp 2.webp 8.webp

10.webp 11.webp 12.webp 16.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 54
very nice finds
 
Sweet buckle Joey
 
should be able to ID that buckle i feel like I've seen it on a Youtube Video and the guy had a buckle book.. i think it might be this vid if not it is one close to this one https://youtu.be/qKokbgWIawI
 
That's a great hunt!!! Congrats[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
Great hunt in the woods, very nice buckle and cufflinks
 
DANG JOEY YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO HURT A MANS FEELINGS , NICE FINDS FOR SURE . BUCKLE IS SWEEET.....
 
You have you a great place to detect. Big Congrats!

tabman
 
Great hunt Joey,
You know how much I want one of them buckles!!
Them cuff links are nice too
 
Great hunt Joey,
You know how much I want one of them buckles!!
Them cuff links are nice too

Consider this one yours George!
 
Wow, that friggin spectacle buckle is amazing! The cufflinks! Wow, cool hunt. Big congrats
 
Great hunt. The buckle is awesome
 
Great buckle buddy. Those links are killer too. 98% of my hunting is in the woods and slipping down eroded hillsides. It's not easy but the erosion can open up lots of targets and nobody else is dumb enough to hang onto limbs and trees and try to swing....so usually those areas have been left alone
 
Last edited:
Nice hunt Joey :thumbsup: Those cuff links and the buckle are awesome. Its too bad those cuff links are so fragile... it makes me wonder if there is a design on them under that sandy concrete mixture that looks stuck on there. ha I got a sharpes bullet yesterday too... will get a post together once some things come out of electrolysis.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom