Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, it is great to be back. Hello, Gents, it has been a year since I have posted a thread or even swung a machine. Life changes have hit me and Kyle, but we both got out together today for a hunt. As well as my detecting hobby, I have also started to collect and sell old razors. It has become a severe passion for me and has kept me quite busy during the respite.

Kyle and I got out to a site in the woods and in about 30 minutes, I popped out this nice Classic Head large cent with a date of 1808. I also found a piece of a pewter spoon handle with rust on it. :laughing7: Since this site turned out to be somewhat of a bust, we hit another area of the woods where we found an old foundation. I got a few tiny coins that appeared to be Wheat cents, but are all smooth with no detail. The detail on one of them looks like a King George II bust facing left. It is the size of a Farthing. What do you guys think? It read where a Pull-tab would on my meter.

It sure felt good to be back in the saddle. Passion pumped again, Gents!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Old Copper 001.JPG
    Old Copper 001.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Old Copper 006.JPG
    Old Copper 006.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 11

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bust by my measure!! Great finds and thanks for sharing

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds on your return from a long absence !

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kirk, great to see a post from you again. :thumbsup: Glad to see you and Kyle are still at it. How about Uncle Chris?
Congrats on the nice LC. You guys used to pull coppa and "wilvers" out of those PA fields like most of us dig memorials. :tongue3:
Congrats to you. I hear you are a married man. I asked Vpone Kievin if you bought a colonial house. :laughing7:
Welcome back and tell Kyle and Chris I said 'hey".
-Doug-

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 579

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Kirk, hope this is one of many for you...

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Nostradamus predicted the return of KKC but I have to admit, I was skeptical. I really have to stop doubting Nostradamus. Welcome back brother! :hello:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back "Colonial Kirk PA" Been awhile ! I wondered what you guys were up to - Nice Finds !

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you back and posting, Kirk. Keep the colonial passion high!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find my friend. Good looking LC.:hello:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a farthing, what diameter ? And not a bad find even if not so good condition, I find half pennies about 100 times more common to find than farthings, the detector ID would be about right, as I just recently got a copper blank of farthing size.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey there Kirk, glad to see you guys back at it, and making some nice finds!

I guess the skunk mobile passed by an didn't pick you up on the way back to town!

Blitz

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, it is great to be back. Hello, Gents, it has been a year since I have posted a thread or even swung a machine. Life changes have hit me and Kyle, but we both got out together today for a hunt. As well as my detecting hobby, I have also started to collect and sell old razors. It has become a severe passion for me and has kept me quite busy during the respite.

Kyle and I got out to a site in the woods and in about 30 minutes, I popped out this nice Classic Head large cent with a date of 1808. I also found a piece of a pewter spoon handle with rust on it. :laughing7: Since this site turned out to be somewhat of a bust, we hit another area of the woods where we found an old foundation. I got a few tiny coins that appeared to be Wheat cents, but are all smooth with no detail. The detail on one of them looks like a King George II bust facing left. It is the size of a Farthing. What do you guys think? It read where a Pull-tab would on my meter.

It sure felt good to be back in the saddle. Passion pumped again, Gents!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :icon_thumright:
Nice Zoyper, Buck.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Great to see you guys back out swinging. Hopefully you can get in a few more hunts before the cold weather arrives. Congrats on the copper and other finds. Take care buddy!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice to see you're out again swinging and getting a few coppers to wet the passion.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, the LC is very cool, congrats HH.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you guys finally follow up on all your threats and promises to get back out! That's a good start, but only time will tell if you guys are truly "back" :laughing7:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you posting again, looks like you are off to a great start! Hope you can get out some more before the ground freezes....

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Nice to see you posting again Kirk.. I Can't wait to see what you pull from the dirt...nice finds as always... Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread