What's new

1808 Half Cent, GW token, and Civil war button

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today to one of my favorite sites.
I have working it for over a year now.
It still has more to give.
The GW token had me going for a while.
Its a 1850s German made token.
And the Half cent I though was another 1802. But I believe its a 08.
And always nice to see a civil war button. The lead spike is cool.
Have no clue what its from.
Thanks for looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1450489682637.webp
    1450489682637.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 1450489698947.webp
    1450489698947.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 1450489715136.webp
    1450489715136.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 1450489727107.webp
    1450489727107.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 1450489739239.webp
    1450489739239.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 1450489750136.webp
    1450489750136.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 1450489761107.webp
    1450489761107.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 1450489774238.webp
    1450489774238.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 1450489783227.webp
    1450489783227.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 56
I can't imagine being able to hunt right now!!! You lucky duck, and made some nice finds too!

I just saw a show on tv where they were talking about George Washington being very popular in Europe, called him a rock star of his time, so I'm not surprised to see a German GW token. Very cool.

I'm liking that button, it's in amazing shape.
 
George-
Good stuff! Really like the button...fantastic shape!
 
Great hunt George, killer Navy button!
 
I can't imagine being able to hunt right now!!! You lucky duck, and made some nice finds too!

I just saw a show on tv where they were talking about George Washington being very popular in Europe, called him a rock star of his time, so I'm not surprised to see a German GW token. Very cool.

I'm liking that button, it's in amazing shape.

Thanks Mike.
We are very fortunate to be hunting now. Looks like its going to stay above 40 for awhile longer.
 
Nice half cent and token...I really love that button. Is it flat? I have dug a few lead spikes over the years...can't figure out what they were used for...Congrats
 
George-
Good stuff! Really like the button...fantastic shape!

Thanks Chesty. I was pretty surprised about the button.
Wish it wasn't smashed. But hey,its a keeper..
How is your team doing?
 
Nice work George, great finds
 
VINO LIKE THE BUTTON FIND ...
 
Another Half Cent, it's amazing how this stuff hides and keeps popping up, It was fun trying to figure out weather it was a 2 or 8 in my car, funny as hell. That GW token is so cool. I still have to go through my pouch, make sure I didn't miss anything in the mud. Most of my favorite finds came from that place.
 
Cool stuff, what's the back mark on that navy button? I can make out Waterbury but not the rest.
 
That navy is certainly a winner.
 
Seems like you're going to be hunting here till it's time for you to cross over the pond. If that's the case tell you wife to expect me while you're gone. Someone is going to have to sort out all your goodies from this year and get it organized. Because I'm such a nice guy I will volunteer. Another nice hunt for you. Love seeing the history you save one piece at a time.
 
Nice hunt! You never cease to amaze. Glad you are still able to hunt.
Cool token, killer half cent, and awesome button.
 
Even your freakin' half cents put mine to shame:notworthy: would be neat to find out what a lead spike could be used for:icon_scratch:
 
Well George, that's the 1st half cent I've ever seen posted. Granted I have only been coming to Tnet for about 24 months, but that's a rare find in my eyes. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom