What's new

1808 Half Cent, GW token, and Civil war button

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today to one of my favorite sites.
I have working it for over a year now.
It still has more to give.
The GW token had me going for a while.
Its a 1850s German made token.
And the Half cent I though was another 1802. But I believe its a 08.
And always nice to see a civil war button. The lead spike is cool.
Have no clue what its from.
Thanks for looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1450489682637.webp
    1450489682637.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 1450489698947.webp
    1450489698947.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 1450489715136.webp
    1450489715136.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 1450489727107.webp
    1450489727107.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 1450489739239.webp
    1450489739239.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 1450489750136.webp
    1450489750136.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 1450489761107.webp
    1450489761107.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 1450489774238.webp
    1450489774238.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 1450489783227.webp
    1450489783227.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 56
Congrats on squeezing the great finds out of the soil.
You always seem to come home with some really old finds.
Excellent hunt.
 
Cool stuff, what's the back mark on that navy button? I can make out Waterbury but not the rest.

Thanks Bear,
Its a Scoville Waterbury.
 
Another Half Cent, it's amazing how this stuff hides and keeps popping up, It was fun trying to figure out weather it was a 2 or 8 in my car, funny as hell. That GW token is so cool. I still have to go through my pouch, make sure I didn't miss anything in the mud. Most of my favorite finds came from that place.

Thanks Brad,
It was a fun and little cold in the morning hunt..
Can you imagine what is still there?
In 1801 they added 4ft of dirt to build the place. So it has 100 years of older stuff underneath. So we are just scratching the surface..
 
That Half Cent & Washington token are very nice.
 
Well George, that's the 1st half cent I've ever seen posted. Granted I have only been coming to Tnet for about 24 months, but that's a rare find in my eyes. :occasion14:

Thanks LD,
They say in the red book, that any half cent is rare. But just in the last 24months I posted about 10 of them. Lol
Everyone has the "thing" they find the most, and half cents are mine. Haha.
 
I can't believe how many half cents you find up that way George. I bet you've dug a dozen since I've known you. I doubt I've found half that many in all the years I've been hunting. Sorry it wasn't the coveted '02, but you still had another great hunt.
 
nice find and awesome navy button :headbang:
 
I can't believe how many half cents you find up that way George. I bet you've dug a dozen since I've known you. I doubt I've found half that many in all the years I've been hunting. Sorry it wasn't the coveted '02, but you still had another great hunt.

Thanks Bill,
I like finding them. And they always seem to be in good shape for some reason.
Here is the 02 I found last year.
 

Attachments

  • 1450535004808.webp
    1450535004808.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 85
Awesome finds- love the half cent and GW token- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Great finds! Token and button killer!
 
Unbelievable the amount of half-cents you've found this year. My favorite part of digging half cents is the "aww shoot a crusty clad quarter...waaaait a minute that's not a clad quarter!" moment. Great finds again pal
 
Wow vino. You sure have some cool finds
I can't wait to see your posts hh gl. Eastcoast
 
Great digs Vino! :treasurechest::headbang:
 
Love that Naval button George! Congrats on the half cent too!
 
Nice variety of digs George, glad the weather is still cooperating up there. Finally got a taste of winter down here in SC...ready for it to be back in the 70s lol.

Thanks Jon,
This weekend is cold. But next week going back up in the 50s again.
So, hopefully one more good hunt before the end of the year???
I might be heading down to the low country Jan, 11th and 12th?
 
Thats some nice stuff George. Congrats.
 
Thanks Jon,
This weekend is cold. But next week going back up in the 50s again.
So, hopefully one more good hunt before the end of the year???
I might be heading down to the low country Jan, 11th and 12th?

Good chance I may be around, shoot me text about a week out and I'll see if we can link up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom