🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just snatched this out of a cornfield today, looks tohave nice detail, any idea on its value?? LC closeup front.jpg LC closeup back.jpg

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in decent condition. On EBAY it might fetch $40. That is a REALISTIC price. Not much more than that. If it got to $50, I would be shocked. I have no idea where the $250 price that RC Jenson came up with.???:icon_scratch:

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Nice find ! But I feel the same here on the value ... be happy with $40 ... happier with $50 and ecstatic on any amount more than that ... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and value is based on how deep the pockets of the buyer is ... IMHO , Woodstock

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
I wouldn't clean it up much more than using Ivory soap and a bit of olive oil . Beware of excessive cleaning because it might look smooth now and you'll expose the pitting damage (if any) by over cleaning any coin . If your keeping it that might not be as important to you but if your selling it a cleaning that removes only the dirt is necessary and then let the buyer do the damage ... IMHO , Woodstock
$250 if you clean it up a bit. Just looked in my coin book

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just sold a couple large cents one being an 1812 it went for 47.00$ it looks to be in the same condition as the one I just sold! Hope this helps

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told never to clean them up, just rinse the dirt off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread