1812 War Harmonica Reed!!!

So you snuck into a historic battlefield and broke the law. What do you want people to say?

I could go in the fountain in my mall with my detector which no one dares to go and clean up on the targets. :)

reeded harmonica was invented supposedly in 1821

reeded harmonica was invented supposedly in 1821

As usual, Casper knows his stuff :thumbsup:

History[edit]

The harmonica was developed in Europe in the early part of the 19th century. Free reed instruments like the sheng were fairly common throughout East Asia for centuries and were relatively well known in Europe for some time. Around 1820, free reed designs began being created in Europe. While Christian Friedrich Ludwig Buschmann is often cited as the inventor of the harmonica in 1821, other inventors developed similar instruments at the same time.[10] Mouth-blown free reed instruments appeared in the United States, South America, the United Kingdom and in Europe at roughly the same time. The reason it was made was so it could be used for classical music.

I bet I have found 30 of those over the years and I live in the shorter history city of Denver.

I'd do your front yard. Go real slow and dig everything. If there was a war there you will find evidence.

Thanks now I know. But I've seen posts on the internet for 1812 harmonicas. So I'm not sure.

No across on the other side of the road. On the side of the road for your information.

I wish. But our area. Has been urbanized. And the battle. Field is nothing but a modern day road. In fact one of the busiest I'm the city. All remnants of the war are gone except for banners. Look at lundys Lane in google maps.

There's no need to be jealous cause you live in Cincinnati. Oh!!!!! Apply cream to the burn!

the shell casing is crimped on the end like blanks usually are. might be from 21 gun salute or some training exercise.

Did you hunt where you know its illegal to detect? You said you detected where others were afraid of getting caught but you also said you hunted the side of the road...I don't want to reply until I know what you did.

I go detecting and live near the biggest and bloodiest battles of the war of 1812. They literally happened in my front yard. Lundy Lane and stuff like that. But I went across from Fort George. Which is across from Fort Niagara. I was metal detecting where no metal detectorist has dared to go. Right across where probably American as well as Canada soldiers stood. Other metal detectorist are afraid of getting caught. And in less than a half an hour this is what I found. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta to save history. One sweep at a time.
your statement could be easily printed out , and used to advocate for restrictions or an out right ban! And put your whole collection at risk ! I would suggest you word your post a lil differently in future posts , live and learn, Welcome to T net , Shawn

View attachment 1014540

At least, thanks to this thread, I now realize what at least one item was that I had dug up a few months ago!:thumbsup:

Bvi , what happend with that bar?

The ingot , lead or silver?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back