What's new

1819 Large Cent, Buttons & Buckle Parts

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Hit the foundation where I dug the Machin Mills from. It was a fun hunt dug some parts to buckles and utensil handles. The buttons kept coming always fun to find those. The Large Cent was the last signal I dug for the day. It was not the best of signals and on top of that it was under a big root. After some time spent digging it out, first thing I saw was a very green copper. I was not sure how it would turn out after cleaning, but it turned out pretty decent. The 1819 Large Cent is a year I don't have so it is always cool to fill in a missing spot. I included a picture of the root that the Large Cent came out from under. Like I said overall a fun day and thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 20150427_161223 (2).webp
    20150427_161223 (2).webp
    816.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 20150427_141130 (2).webp
    20150427_141130 (2).webp
    949.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 20150427_120021 (2).webp
    20150427_120021 (2).webp
    354.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 20150427_143514 (2).webp
    20150427_143514 (2).webp
    484.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20150427_143501 (2).webp
    20150427_143501 (2).webp
    681.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 20150503_153647 (2).webp
    20150503_153647 (2).webp
    1 MB · Views: 140
  • 20150503_153752 (2).webp
    20150503_153752 (2).webp
    553 KB · Views: 146
  • 20150503_153834 (2).webp
    20150503_153834 (2).webp
    677.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 20150503_153916 (2).webp
    20150503_153916 (2).webp
    825.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20150503_153935 (2).webp
    20150503_153935 (2).webp
    569 KB · Views: 133
  • 20150503_153955 (2).webp
    20150503_153955 (2).webp
    995.1 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 18
Nice relics and LC. Congrats on a nice hunt.
 
WTG on the LC!
 
Nice collection and liking the Largie
 
Great finds. Man that would have been a killer shoe buckle
 
That's a beauty of a large cent!!
 
Nice one Bubs that buckle must have been a beauty in it's day:headbang:

~Blaze~
 
You continue your roll Bubba Nice buttons & LC. WTG, Q.
 
real nice LC, looks like you were on a nice old site!
 
Man that was a heck of a day! Congrats
 
Nice Large Cent ! Cool buttons, great hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Thanks all for the good words :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom