Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted my finds in a long time so here is one. It dawned on me after research that there once was a house where our local boat launch is. I figured why not.....drove the ¼ mile got out got set up and low and behold out pops what I thought was a large cent. I was stoked......a lot of melted aluminum, lead sinkers and clad later I called it quits. It has taken me 4 days to gently clean and research this to where I'm pretty sure its an 1820 canadian bust and harp token. My oldest find to date. If I'm wrong please feel free to say so

ForumRunner_20121121_190648.png

ForumRunner_20121121_190702.png

Upvote 0

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. I snagged one of these in a coin collection I bought a year ago listed as an Irish half penny. Congrats!

OP
OP
Nirros

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was very surprised due to location of it. It also took me a lot of eye squinting and comparing to figure out what it was due to condition. I love research and such but wowza this had me stumped for days.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was very surprised due to location of it. It also took me a lot of eye squinting and comparing to figure out what it was due to condition. I love research and such but wowza this had me stumped for days.

You could have posted it and had an answer right away. :)

OP
OP
Nirros

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where's the fun in that? :) I learn from research.....I was a day away from posting it ....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread