What's new

1843 New Brunswick half penny token

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had time to post much of my work time quick hunt finds lately but I thought this one deserves a post. I've dug quite a few of the really large 1854 New Brunswick one penny "currency" coins but this is my first and only of older type New Brunswick half penny that says "token" instead of "currency". It's still a big coin but nothing like the size of the one penny. Sorry for the crappy photos but they will have to do. Thanks for looking! [emoji2] ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464735046.967708.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464735059.133400.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Hey that's a neat find, haven't seen one before. Nice to have Vicky on there
 
Hey that's a neat find, haven't seen one before. Nice to have Vicky on there

Thanks. The pics really suck. It looks decent in person! [emoji106]
 
I haven't had time to post much of my work time quick hunt finds lately but I thought this one deserves a post. I've dug quite a few of the really large 1854 New Brunswick one penny "currency" coins but this is my first and only of older type New Brunswick half penny that says "token" instead of "currency". It's still a big coin but nothing like the size of the one penny. Sorry for the crappy photos but they will have to do. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]View attachment 1320113View attachment 1320114

that's awesome man! Giothegreek and I found one last summer and it was almost completely destroyed. That is in relatively great shape! They were only minted in 1843 and 1854. Just those two years. It is actually a pretty rare coin! Congrats on the find, every "Maritimer detectorist" should have one :) Gio found the one I have when we were out and let me keep it :P I hope to find mine soon :)
 
that's awesome man! Giothegreek and I found one last summer and it was almost completely destroyed. That is in relatively great shape! They were only minted in 1843 and 1854. Just those two years. It is actually a pretty rare coin! Congrats on the find, every "Maritimer detectorist" should have one :) Gio found the one I have when we were out and let me keep it :P I hope to find mine soon :)

Thanks. I'll have to dig one of the 1854 one pennys out I dug before and show you sometime. It was in amazing shape! [emoji106]
 
Great find !!
What the image looked like on 'day one':
Don....
[TABLE="class: generalForm"]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

 
Congrats, I'd be elated to dig one of those here in Ohio. Thanks for sharing.


GL & HH
 
Really cool find, and my first time seeing one of these. Thanks for sharing!
 
Very nice!

aj
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom