What's new

1844 LC, Walker #6 and Dime Trifecta

deano

Full Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
228
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Greetings from tropical Iowa. Still battling the humidity and hot temps here. The only way to hunt in this weather is to start at the crack of dawn and stop around noon or so. Dulac and I decided on a small park in a town where we had luck in the past. We got there and about a half hour into the hunt I got my 6th Walker for the season, a '35, it was way off in a corner edge of the park. After showing Mike my half I headed back to that area and about 5 feet away I got a nice sweet tone that I thought might be another half and out comes the large cent. The obverse had caked on dirt so I had to wait out the morning till I got home to clean it off. It is an 1844 and only my second LC in 6 years the first was a '42. I also dug a '50d Rosie and a '42d Merc that morning.
This morning Dakota Jim and I hit a park that has given up oldies before and I ended the morning with a dime trifecta, an '04 Barber, a '36 Merc and a '64d Rosie. I also dug the '03 IH and several wheats that I forgot to line up for the photo. The other '50 Rosie was from a demo spot that I spent about an hour at after work earlier in the week. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
101_1272.jpg
101_1271-1.jpg


101_1274.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Way to go Deano, you are having a great year. Is that your first Large Cent?
 
You`re doing good on those half dollars. Here I get out at daylight and am soaking wet by 8 AM.
 
Nice Coins! That would constitute a successful hunt in my book! :thumbsup:
 
Wow congrats on all of those silver halfs!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom