What's new

1846 Seated Liberty Counter Stamped Quarter !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today went down to the beach again, I have haunted it for the past 2 years. The tide was VERY low due to the full moon. I was able to swing over an area that is usually NOT exsposed, needless to say it was a little bonanza area for me today. I was there about 2 hours, and only found a few items, but they were of quality. Today I found my first 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter and it's counter stamped with the initials of H.B.R., Absolutely awsome. I have found quite a few seated dimes over the years and 2 seated Liberty Halves but never a quarter. I can NOW scratch that off my list even though it's very corroded I love it. Also got 2 Indains,and four more silver dimes, 2 were Barbers, one is a Rosy, and the other is a 1942 Liberty dime. What a great day on the beach for sure.....2012 has been a BANNER year for me so far...Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (1).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (1).webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 422
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (12).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (12).webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 531
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (14).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (14).webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (10).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (10).webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (4).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (4).webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 401
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (2).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (2).webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (12).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (12).webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (15).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (15).webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 508
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (14).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (14).webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (10).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (10).webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 439
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (9).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (9).webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (4).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (4).webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (2).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (2).webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (1).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter counter Stamped (1).webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0
Impressive coin finds, whydah! :headbang:

You did very well! :hello2:

I love those spoons....any markings visible on the backs of them?

What is the item in the final photo..some kind of gas pipe?

Lorraine
 
Any beach your getting seated liberty quarters off of, must be incredible !!
I want to fly up to Cape Cod !!
 
Great feeling getting the old coins! Very nice finds.
 
TORRERO said:
Any beach your getting seated liberty quarters off of, must be incredible !!
I want to fly up to Cape Cod !!
Your too funny, Now you sound like me when I read about the treasure fleet stuff...:) Happy Hunting
 
Lorrain. said:
Impressive coin finds, whydah! :headbang:

You did very well! :hello2:

I love those spoons....any markings visible on the backs of them?

What is the item in the final photo..some kind of gas pipe?

Lorraine
Lorraine, The last item shown is an Antique Fire Hose Nozzle solid brass and was in knee deep water? starnge for sure. The spoons are from the Rogers patterns just plated. I did find a sterling baby spoon the other day at this same beach, check my older posts...... Happy Hunting
 
thanks for the info, whydah

Lorraine
 
awesome finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
new pics
 

Attachments

  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (10).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (10).webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 573
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (4).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (4).webp
    73 KB · Views: 457
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (4).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (4).webp
    73 KB · Views: 425
  • 1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (10).webp
    1846 Seated Liberty Quarter Counter Struck (10).webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 541
counter stamps are cool - because they are rare
even if it kills the value of an items - they are still rare :icon_thumright:
 
put that quarter on electrolysis! clean it up!

Chukers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom