1850 large cent

digginfreek

Oct 21, 2012
south cental pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz7apro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems these things find me more than I find them, I'm not complaining I just wish they wasn't so toasted. I think I only have a couple that isnt, is there a reason they corrode so bad? IMAG0206.jpg IMAG0207.jpg

Upvote 3

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice find!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems these things find me more than I find them, I'm not complaining I just wish they wasn't so toasted. I think I only have a couple that isnt, is there a reason they corrode so bad?

Nice!

It seems to me that it depends on the mineralization and whatever chemicals might have run off that way. I have many that are just as toasted but, I have one that truly looks as if they minted and planted it the same day.

Good job finding them, in ANY shape!

HH!

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they're found in a field that has been planted, the fertilizer gets them, in a pasture, cow urine eats them up. The ones I've found in the woods or around old houses usually come out of the ground in pretty good shape.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks good to me buddy... I found one in a farm field a few weeks (1848) and it came out real nice and the funny thing is most of the wheat's and Indians I get out of the same field are toasted....go figure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread