What's new

1854 Philly Half Dime, and Native American Pestle!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a decent week with the weather cooperating. Some of the finds included a really cool little half dime, and a super cool Native American, Appalachian NC Pestle. ID'd in the American Indian thread. Most likely used to grind hominy.
:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 2012-03-03 008.webp
    2012-03-03 008.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 2012-03-03 001.webp
    2012-03-03 001.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,397
  • 2012-03-03 004.webp
    2012-03-03 004.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,355
  • 2012-03-03 005.webp
    2012-03-03 005.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,368
  • 2012-03-03 006.webp
    2012-03-03 006.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,347
  • 2012-03-03 007.webp
    2012-03-03 007.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • 2012-03-03 009.webp
    2012-03-03 009.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 2012-03-03 002.webp
    2012-03-03 002.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,367
  • 2012-03-03 003.webp
    2012-03-03 003.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,356
  • 2012-03-03 010.webp
    2012-03-03 010.webp
    41 KB · Views: 1,400
  • 2012-03-03 011.webp
    2012-03-03 011.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 2012-03-03 012.webp
    2012-03-03 012.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,463
Upvote 0
Whoa! What some great finds! :o And a great new avatar too! :icon_thumright:

WTG! Nana :hello:
 
Re: 1854 Philly Half Dime, and Native American Celt!

Half's are hard to find! Nice little score!!!! :thumbsup:

SnT
 
I don't know what flavor the Jelly belly was, but I ate it after I took the pic... :laughing7: Tasted like lemon. :D It was the closet thing to me for size reference, and I figured everyone knew what the size of a jelly bellie was. ;D
 
Very nice finds Mike! You sure do get out a lot. I'm lucky if I get out 3 times a month.
 
Nice batch of finds.

I am still looking for a half dime. It has eluded me so far.

Jer
 
Steve in PA said:
Very nice finds Mike! You sure do get out a lot. I'm lucky if I get out 3 times a month.
Well, when you do this for a living selling metal detectors, a dealer needs to get out and use the product. I feel that's what gives us the edge.
 
Great finds Mike!
 
Interesting piece, congrats! HH, Mike
 
Congrats on some awesome finds. I love the baggage tag!! :icon_thumright:
 
Great halfdime, Mike :headbang: You're right, they don't come up often :icon_thumleft: I'd imagine the ones that sink more than 7-8 inches are too deep to pick up for most detectors, especially in an area with iron
 
Great finds buddy!!!
 
Awesome finds!!! where did that jelly bean ring up on your machine :laughing7:
 
bunch of cool finds love the half dime i still haven't found one yet
 
Mich. Wolverine said:
Nice finds. :thumbsup: I have the match to your watch fob. It's from the 1904 presidential race between Parker - Davis and Roosevelt (Teddy)- Fairbanks. The one have looks just like yours but with the different names.

Wolverine.

Spot on...not a baggage tag but a political campaign watch fob. Everyone forgets the losers...poor Parker/Davis. I also found the Roosevelt/Fairbanks tag here in NJ and MM2 gave me a Parker/Davis tag he found in NJ so I have them displayed side by side in my display coffee table (Thanks again Joe). I did some research and the owner of the house in 1904 where I found mine was a huge Republican supporter. I was able to track down a family member online and sent an email but never did get a response. Oh well.

Congrats on some very nice finds.

NJ
 
That's some GOOD stuff right there Mike and a nice variety too, I like that! Those strap ends like the one you have pictured, in the old days use to be misidentified as Confederate collar insignia believe it or not, and a very nice Luggage tag too which are collectible. The half-dime is in good condition, I always like seeing those pop up, alot of the dimes seem to pop up but I especially like the half-dimes and Quarters so congrats on a nice one. In addition, the Native American pestle, probably one of my favorite pieces of the bunch, is TERRIFIC! The area that you're in, I wouldn't be surprised to see more stuff like this posted by you in the future. Congrats buddy! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom