1856 House Yard Finds - 05-20-06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked out a few spots today. The first spot I hit was some sidewalk tearups here in Muncie where they are redoing the 'projects.' I found 5 memorials and 1 wheat, a 1942D. Then I went and checked out a tiny, tiny front yard of a house that was built in 1901. I think it had been filled in. I only got 1 memorial out of it. Then I hit up a house that was built in 1856. The finds in the front yard were plentiful and the trash was very minimal. I finished the day with 45 memorials, 6 wheats (20, 29, 34, 37, and 44), an 1891 Indian Head Penny, 6 clad dimes, a 1944 Mercury Dime, my first ever Barber Dimes!!! :):):) They were 1898 and 1901 with no mintmarks, oh well on that. I also got 1 nickel and 3 clad quarters. Lots of coins for the day and my first ever Barbers. It was a great feeling to finally get one, and then to find my 2nd one just a foot away from it... wow! The deepest coin of the day was a wheat penny at 4", so ANY detector could have found these coins! Lee also found about 30 coins out of that front yard, including one 1942 Wheat penny.

05-20-06-02.JPG

05-20-06.JPG

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
sweet stuff there,, congrads on the barbers,, i got one on my first (real) hunt so i thought they were easy to get,, lol ..NOT,, two in one day is awesome,, plus the other coins makes a great day,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Excellent haul BSCO....Congrats on the great silvers. Is it just me or does that Merc look kinda...Night of the living deadish..??? ....Joe

D

doyboy

Nice finds, dude! You always seem to have great days. The Barber coin is my favorite! I found 4 Barber dimes and 1 Barber quarter in my 1st year of detecting. This year I have found none >:(. But, it seems like I am going for older :D; I found an 1854 & 1875 Seated dimes this year. That Explorer treats you well, give it a nice pat on the control box ;D. Keep up the finds, man!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bsco.....you have found some nice items!....that is a great place to hunt !!! Keep us posted on the rest of the find you come up with!!!!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyday with silver is a nice day...any day with a pocketful of silver is a sweet day!

-GC

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job bsco!!WTG and hh.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I've got some more hunting planned tomorrow at a local park and then maybe some old house sites if I have enough time and battery left.

Sadly I think the house from today is cleaned out. Oh well, I got some goodies and am definately happy! :)

CAPTAINKIDD

Greenie
May 6, 2006
Once again, awesome! Nobody can say that you don't put the time in. Congrats. I haven't been out for 4 days and I'm going nuts. -Captain Kidd

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CAPTAINKIDD said:
Once again, awesome! Nobody can say that you don't put the time in. Congrats. I haven't been out for 4 days and I'm going nuts. -Captain Kidd

4 days?!?!? OUCH! I don't think I could handle not going out that long, haha! I'll probably be out all day tomorrow if the weather permits. :)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Going! Nice 100 year old coins!