1861 Seated half, tongue Buckle and awesome Opium Pipe!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,

Attachments

• ch coin.jpg
    ch coin.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 146
  • half 2.jpg
    half 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 167
  • lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8604.JPG
    IMG_8604.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 151
  • pipe 3.jpg
    pipe 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 156
  • keepers.jpg
    keepers.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 22
Nice video and great hunt. That seated half looks to be in great shape!

Haven't watched the video yet but will later. Looks like some GREAT finds from your pics though. Congrats!

great looking finds.... the small Chinese coin looks like it could be super old.... like 1700's possibly.

Absolutely awesome finds! Did you happen to check out the mintage and value of the half?? Only 939K minted and in grade XF, which I'd say yours is at the very least for detail, it's a $1200 coin- I'm nominating it for the banner- Congrats!!

I really like that half. Looks little worn. Sweet grab!

Seems like every scored during the hunt. Love the pipe, buckle and seated.

What a cool variety of finds. I've enjoyed watching all the videos you guys have put out.

Oh my! Seated half that is something on everyone's bucket list, I have been looking off to find one yet but I still have hope. Congratulations awesome finds and enjoy!

That would be a California Gold Rush Eagle tongue , is that right? Very cool finds for sure. The half is really nice too.

HEY RON YOU JUST MADE MY 2ND KIDNEY STONE FLARE UP FROM GETTING EXCITED OVER YOUR FINDS , MAN NICE TAPS AND BUCKLE AND ALL .

HEY RON YOU JUST MADE MY 2ND KIDNEY STONE FLARE UP FROM GETTING EXCITED OVER YOUR FINDS , MAN NICE TAPS AND BUCKLE AND ALL .
LOL

Maybe our next video will help you pass that kidney stone! Ha!

Last edited:
I wonder how much Opium fifty cents would have bought back then? But I Digress...

Great find with that seated. I've only seen about 5 or 6 this year. I found almost an identical buckle. Figured it about 1870-1880. Five or take.

Steve

Excellent finds. Nice to see you finally hunting when its lite out!

Excellent finds. Nice to see you finally hunting when its lite out!

Does it matter if it is light or dark??!! :dontknow: Great finds are great finds and the relics and coins don't care when we find them!! LOL

Plus this was a 40 minute hike so no one can see us and jump in the site. Gotta go--heading out on a night hunt!!

I wonder how much Opium fifty cents would have bought back then? But I Digress...

Great find with that seated. I've only seen about 5 or 6 this year. I found almost an identical buckle. Figured it about 1870-1880. Five or take.

Steve
Those stamped brass buckles are 1850's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back