What's new

1864 L Indian Head Cent

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And shes in beautiful condition!!!!!!! Got out on a short hunt today, Would like to have hunted longer but the ground was just to frozen :angry5: It was dig able but after several days of chiseling through the rock hard ground I decided Id had enough for a few days. As I was going to leave Tim asked me what the date was on the coin, I told him I tossed it in the trunk with my metal detectors, I just figured it was another toasted Indian from a heavily fertilized farm field And I would check it out when I remembered to. Next thing I know Tim jumped right In and pulled it out of the Trunk!!! He could see after retrieving it that it was an 1864 Indian Head Cent. Then he says hey coop this one might have an L, Ya never know. I kinda laughed thinking of all the plain 64 Indians that Ive dug. I said ya maybe, ILL check when I get home. After getting home and letting the Indian soak for a little while I decided to have another look at it and right away I noticed the pointed bust and new that it was indeed an 1864 L
 

Attachments

  • P1010572.webp
    P1010572.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 901
  • P1010569.webp
    P1010569.webp
    29 KB · Views: 894
  • P1010581.webp
    P1010581.webp
    150.8 KB · Views: 978
  • P1010573.webp
    P1010573.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 974
Upvote 0
Hi coop , Great job on the L closeup ! THANKS for sharing that beautiful 1864 :wink: :hello:
 
Congrats on the great fine , I found a 1864 L Indian head last week, :blob7:
 
that's a fantastic specimen of the species!
the rarer ones are never in that condition for me.
big congrats. great way to start the year. :headbang:
 
Wow, that was found in a field? Holy cow that is amazing
 
Way to go, An awesome find HH
 
Man that is a beauty and a banner find ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Great Looking Indian :o ,
I get that shiny granular surface on some saltwater coppers.
Still holding awesome detail, that Ribbon and L are solid.
nice work on the pix, I assume the 'L' means a Longacre design.
( I see it sure boosts its value )
Sweet Find! Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Sweet find! I found an 1889 L in fantastic shape the other day,, (you made me check for the L, I had not been paying attn) But checking my book, it only matters for yours lolol :tard:
 
very nice Coop! she's a beauty! :headbang:
 
I see it, coop. Nice find. It's better then the one I found. Mine is more like wishful thinking on the "L".

Bob
 
Great condition on that one, way to go!! :icon_pirat:
 
wow that thing was mint when it was dropped :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom