whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Love the map. An uneducated question(s). Seems many of the mines are located off to one side of what looks like mesas. (if I'm reading the map diagrams right)

So why are the deposits only in one area? If it is volcanic would it not be spread equally around the mesa? I could see if if the area is due to plate movement, but isn't this more of a volcanic area? Easier access due to water displacement from rivers on one side? As you can see many of the mines are bordered by major rivers.

But just thinking (without a topo map) if the goodies are one one side, why not all sides?

Ironwill

Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the map. An uneducated question(s). Seems many of the mines are located off to one side of what looks like mesas. (if I'm reading the map diagrams right)

So why are the deposits only in one area? If it is volcanic would it not be spread equally around the mesa? I could see if if the area is due to plate movement, but isn't this more of a volcanic area? Easier access due to water displacement from rivers on one side? As you can see many of the mines are bordered by major rivers.

But just thinking (without a topo map) if the goodies are one one side, why not all sides?

Seems to be the WEST side of Sheep Mountain where all those mines are located that you speak of, which is way out of the outlined journeys of the available information that has been passed down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread