What's new

1876 Seated Liberty Half Dollar

gklug

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
96
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wilkes-Barre
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro with 8.5x11 DD stock coil, 5x8 DD and NEL Storm coil. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first Seated Half and I found it along the river. I was shocked that it was even a coin let alone this one. I am still hyperventilating.
Seated Liberty Half1.webp

Unfortunately, no mint mark on the back...but whatever....I love her
Seated Liberty Half2.webp
 
Upvote 96
Congrats on the Seated Half. Gr8 find! P.S.: I wouldn't expect too many d mm in your area.
 
What's not to love about that beauty!? Congrats from a jealous MD'er that has never found a seated anything!
 
A seated anything would make my year! Grats to ya and thanx for sharin'.
 
Congrats on the Seated Half. Gr8 find! P.S.: I wouldn't expect too many d mm in your area.

So I'm guessing the CC is damn near impossible as well.
 
What's not to love about that beauty!? Congrats from a jealous MD'er that has never found a seated anything!

Thanks Tommy G. I was very lucky to come across it.
 
What river is this??!! Great find
 
Awesome find!! A dream find for most, specially me. Congrats!!
Did that river flow thur Scranton. My great grandfather or his father just might have lost that half.
 
Great Link Diggin Dude. My friend was saying the same thing after I dug it. He said this would have been a big deal to someone back then. Can you imagine losing a half days pay today?

Well I spent that equivalent at Happy Hours! I guess you can consider that losing a half days pay! :occasion14:
 
Beautiful!! great find and great work!
 
Great find!!!!
 
Awesome find!! A dream find for most, specially me. Congrats!!
Did that river flow thur Scranton. My great grandfather or his father just might have lost that half.

I believe it runs quite a ways. And yes thru Scranton.
 
Beautiful half, congrats on a great find!
 
Holy moly! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom