What's new

1880/90 Detective badge!

Jaichim24

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
603
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a new permission, an old rental property, not much land to detect, mostly just house, parking lot, and overgrown areas. Nothing in the front yard to detects, these finds represent a small section of yard in the back. The most exciting find is the detective badge from the 1880's/90's. When I found it out at the site, I just assumed it was some sort of toy detective badge. However when I got home and pieced together what was written on the back. "THIS BADGE NOT SOLD TO ANYONE" that's when I started googling around wondering it it may be real. Turns out it was. It is a badge handed out to agents from the Grannon Detective Bureau. Pretty sweet find!!​
 

Attachments

  • 20151007_130104.webp
    20151007_130104.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20151007_130118.webp
    20151007_130118.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20151007_130345.webp
    20151007_130345.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20151007_130500.webp
    20151007_130500.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 20151007_130437.webp
    20151007_130437.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20151007_130444.webp
    20151007_130444.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20151007_130540.webp
    20151007_130540.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 14
The badge is a sweet find for sure :occasion14: Lots of nice finds there congrats to you :icon_thumright:
 
Sweet badge.
 
Congrats on the new permission. There is a lot history there. If no one has been there before you,, I'm sure there is some more silver there.
Really cool badge.
 
Congrats to you! Your style of badge shows up at police memorabilia shows frequently, and is as you discovered, a Victorian era badge out of Cincinnati, Ohio. Based on the soldering marks on the reverse, it had a "saddle blanket" or "clothes pin" style of pin and catch. Very cool...Sub 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom