1887 Time Capsule Opening in Richmond

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Researchers at the state Department of Historic Resources began their careful examination Tuesday of about 60 artifacts in a time capsule that was placed inside the pedestal of the former Robert E. Lee Confederate memorial.
I havent finished the vid yet, I'm @ 37 min.,interesting so far
I'll post 3 links not sure if all can see each link, vid time 2:16:42

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I forgot I wanted to post this img, because there was a find posted here, I forget when
by I think the user name was nighthawk, maybe nightstalker, I cant find that thread
right now,but there was some doubts in the thread, about wax like paper and a metal
wire twisted that held coins. looks like that was maybe the way it was done back then

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 9.55.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 9.55.12 PM.png
    799.3 KB · Views: 68

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part way though I hear some pencil pusher giving props to some bureaucrat that was responsible for removing the historical statue AS THEY ARE REVELING IN THE HISTORY of the time capsule. How ironic.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot I wanted to post this img, because there was a find posted here, I forget when
by I think the user name was nighthawk, maybe nightstalker, I cant find that thread
right now,but there was some doubts in the thread, about wax like paper and a metal
wire twisted that held coins. looks like that was maybe the way it was done back then
Yeah that was NightStalker who posted his story about looking for mushrooms I think it was in Kentucky and coming across some impressions in the ground, grabbing his metal detector and finding an old covered well that had gold coins cached in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread