NJ State Fair.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I don't know what it is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it is the bottom part of a ribbon that was awarded for something like best apple pie, or biggest hog, or heaviest pumpkin.

Whatever it is, it is WAY cool!

Jim

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find. I love it. I was lucky enough to find one from Texas at an old homesite a couple of weeks ago. Congradulations....
Here's a picture of the one I found. It was dated 1895.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 536
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 519

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
someone posted a pic with a similar graphic on it recently. I think it was the back of a gold pocket watch.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work in Newark, NJ where those fairs were held. The fair grounds are now part of Weequahic Park. I've hunted there a few times for very short periods. Unfortunately the park is not the safest place to be. The golf course at Weequahic Park was on Maxim's list of the ten most dangerous golf courses in the world. At the time they pulled two bodies out of the water hazard within a six month period.

One weekend I will have to get there very early and hunt for a few hours before the undesirable get up.

Nice find...NJ.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
I work in Newark, NJ where those fairs were held. The fair grounds are now part of Weequahic Park. I've hunted there a few times for very short periods. Unfortunately the park is not the safest place to be. The golf course at Weequahic Park was on Maxim's list of the ten most dangerous golf courses in the world. At the time they pulled two bodies out of the water hazard within a six month period.

One weekend I will have to get there very early and hunt for a few hours before the undesirable get up.

Nice find...NJ.

Problem is they don't sleep!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:

Nice find...NJ.

That's where a Concealed Weapons License comes in handy!!! Also a couple of hunting partners doesn't hurt either. When I hunt places like that, I like to have a pinpointer knife with me and keep it in full view at all times. But I really like the idea of hunting partners close to you!!

HH, Ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the Fair badge, Awesome find, Congrats!!

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread