What's new

1897 New Jersey State Fair Something Or Other Found In SC

EdistoDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Found this today while searching an a old homesite. Any ideas on what this might have been for ???

BTW - It's about 1.9" tall.

Thanks,

EdistoDigger
 

Attachments

  • NJ State Fair.webp
    NJ State Fair.webp
    110.8 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
I don't know what it is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it is the bottom part of a ribbon that was awarded for something like best apple pie, or biggest hog, or heaviest pumpkin.

Whatever it is, it is WAY cool!

Jim
 
Great find. I love it. I was lucky enough to find one from Texas at an old homesite a couple of weeks ago. Congradulations....
Here's a picture of the one I found. It was dated 1895.
 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 562
  • index.webp
    index.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 543
WOW ~ that is one awesome old relic! VERY COOL!! Congrat's!
 
someone posted a pic with a similar graphic on it recently. I think it was the back of a gold pocket watch.
 
I would take that collectable in a heartbeat, very nice find.
 
I work in Newark, NJ where those fairs were held. The fair grounds are now part of Weequahic Park. I've hunted there a few times for very short periods. Unfortunately the park is not the safest place to be. The golf course at Weequahic Park was on Maxim's list of the ten most dangerous golf courses in the world. At the time they pulled two bodies out of the water hazard within a six month period.

One weekend I will have to get there very early and hunt for a few hours before the undesirable get up.

Nice find...NJ.
 
N.J.THer said:
I work in Newark, NJ where those fairs were held. The fair grounds are now part of Weequahic Park. I've hunted there a few times for very short periods. Unfortunately the park is not the safest place to be. The golf course at Weequahic Park was on Maxim's list of the ten most dangerous golf courses in the world. At the time they pulled two bodies out of the water hazard within a six month period.

One weekend I will have to get there very early and hunt for a few hours before the undesirable get up.

Nice find...NJ.

Problem is they don't sleep!
 
MMmm...fair food.
 
N.J.THer said:
I work in Newark, NJ where those fairs were held. The fair grounds are now part of Weequahic Park. I've hunted there a few times for very short periods. Unfortunately the park is not the safest place to be. The golf course at Weequahic Park was on Maxim's list of the ten most dangerous golf courses in the world. At the time they pulled two bodies out of the water hazard within a six month period.

One weekend I will have to get there very early and hunt for a few hours before the undesirable get up.

Nice find...NJ.

That's where a Concealed Weapons License comes in handy!!! Also a couple of hunting partners doesn't hurt either. When I hunt places like that, I like to have a pinpointer knife with me and keep it in full view at all times. But I really like the idea of hunting partners close to you!!

HH, Ringfinder
 
I really like the Fair badge, Awesome find, Congrats!!

HH, Ringfinder
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom